What have you done to your 718 today?

Happy Days

Loosened and retorqued all the wheel nuts.

Had a wheel refurbed for a bit of rash from the previous owner and I like to be the last person to have checked the torque when someone has touched the car and hey why stop at one corner….

Edited by iborguk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, iborguk said:

Had a wheel refurbed for a bit of rash from the previous owner and I like to be the last person to have checked the torque when someone has touched the car and hey why stop at one corner….

52162901032_a5fc7b53c2_b.jpg

Nice to see the locking wheel nut and centre badge line up with the valve 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iborguk said:

52162901032_a5fc7b53c2_b.jpg

Beautiful colour car

• Thanks 1

Door brake arms replaced with the updated ones. No longer sounds like a 40 year old Lada when opening or shutting the doors.

Driver’s window rake tweaked to eliminate a bit of annoying wind noise , I’ve driven the car roof up about four times since ownership…and I’ve also just realised I’m over a 1000 miles of driving in…😊

Edited by iborguk

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Go on enlighten us as to the cost. I am going to need some on my 718 in the not to distant future 

I'm still in denial...£64.03 , I know...

Other options are available.....including Bosch...£23.55

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-397-A698S-Aerotwin-Wiperblade/dp/B00W1KKLV0/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3KI8AOYK8FP9A&keywords=718+Boxster+wiper+blades&qid=1656776587&sprefix=718+boxster+wiper+blade%2Caps%2C77&sr=8-7

Just now, iborguk said:

Thanks for that. OEM is not to bad then and the way I will go 👍

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Thanks for that. OEM is not to bad then and the way I will go 👍

You took it better than I did.

I think I had bench-marked against my last pair of 987.2 OE blades which was ballpark £35ish. 

But hey , "pay to play" and I wanted the originals, cause I wanted 'em......no logic to it...

I found them the best wipers I'd ever had on any car, even almost 3 years old there was never the hint of a squeak.

Got brand new Bosch aeros on the current car and imo they are cr*p..

Just now, Scubaregs said:

I found them the best wipers I'd ever had on any car, even almost 3 years old there was never the hint of a squeak.

Got brand new Bosch aeros on the current car and imo they are cr*p..

Fair do’s and maybe that talks to the price difference. 

Iirc originals have graphene (buzzword bingo!) in them.

I’ve got Aeros on the dog box and they have done the job on that for two years. YMMV.

Anyway made my choice and I normally suck up the Porsche tax , I was just a little surprised on this one. I’m almost over it 🤣

Checked my primary rear roof drains

Place the roof in this position 

Looking in either side can then see this plastic piping

Pulled that gently towards the outside of the car which then exposed the hole (thing which had a little cob web over it in my case !) - note my drains have been "modified" to remove the rubber bung/gaitor.

I then cleaned up that area and ran water through the drain to ensure it came out of the front and back of the door sill.

I think looking at one of @daz05helpful 981 videos there are secondary drains too on the 718, certainly the pipe cleaner found a route there each side too.

Primary drains, time index 3:55 onwards 

Secondary drains, time index 09:03 onwards

Edited by iborguk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, daz05 said:

I just did the drains on my Cayenne, wow one of the fronts draining the Pano roof was holding a significant amount of water, I was probably one shower away from a world of pain! 

Glad you caught it.

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 10:41 PM, iborguk said:

Evening infiltration of the Kents at their Tipec meeting.

Great turn out there , 37 Pork at the high point.

Regional Organiser claimed 45 different P cars over the evening. Biggest bunch of Kents ever apparently

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So been meaning to buy myself an air compressor for a while and the talk of cleaning the bottom of the car’s drains has triggered a purchase of a cheap , loud 24L compressor and this extendable duster which can sit in the cars primary rear drain pipes. It can rotate through 360 degrees and allows controlled blast of air to be administered in the pipe.  Easier for me than taking the sills off (although not as comprehensive a job) and my drains although clear at the top now seem to be running better at the bottom.

Edited by iborguk