What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

4 hours ago, daz05 said:

Nice one, I am working on my install video, it's very long as you can imagine and looks like I'm doing a yoga session running the cables ! 

Rob, Daz, does the Joyeauto kit work with the dash multi function display? I heard the Unichip/NM Automotive alternative doesn't. 

Thanks

28 minutes ago, andy_l said:

Rob, Daz, does the Joyeauto kit work with the dash multi function display? I heard the Unichip/NM Automotive alternative doesn't. 

Thanks

The dash display remains unchanged and still works just as it did before, but the kit is playing via Aux in on the PCM so you don't get the visual information transfered onto the dash. You can drive with the existing PCM maps on the dash though and your music on the PCM.

The kits are all pretty similar I think, the Unichip looks to be better made but functionality is the same.

On 4/26/2021 at 8:31 AM, CMA said:

Depending on which rims you have you might want to think carefully about ditching the lockers... Just found out mine are £1826 a wheel from Porsche (price for a front, no idea if rear is more) 

99104460224lr.jpg

That's what I've got, is that the price for the 20".  Lovely wheels but that is crazy money. Very glad it came with them on.

2 minutes ago, moospeed said:

That's what I've got, is that the price for the 20".  Lovely wheels but that is crazy money. Very glad it came with them on.

Lightest 20" wheel option for the 981, best looking too in my opinion. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moospeed said:

Yep, that's the 20" Front. I shall be giving kerbs even more space when parking now!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lofi said:

I removed the sill trim with the boot release button on and gave it a spruce up 

IMG-9611.jpg

IMG-9612.jpg

one of my jobs,   the only owner before me was a women with high heels and kicked the sill

On 4/30/2021 at 7:58 PM, Lonewolfgjp said:

Completed my registration plate transfer and fitted my plates.

51149598594_98c1d3bc1d_b.jpg

looking gorgeous there,just needs something else ...... (stripes :) )

a quick wash and a blat to Cheddar Gorge while the roast cooked away :)

Spent the last 4 days on the Isle of Wight, and finally got a few pics of the Cayman somewhere other than on my driveway at home! :lol:

This was taken in the car park of a woodland cemetery (who knew such a thing even existed?) where we interned my Father in Law's ashes.  Obviously a sad occasion, but what a beautiful final resting place for him and his wife:

20210512_105153

And this was taken outside our luxury accommodation in Cowes (no expense spared, we truly live like kings!):

20210512_144136

The Cayman is brilliant for long journeys, absolutely effortless, and so much better than those daft rag tops with their silly folding roof mechanisms.... :lol:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Davey P said:

And this was taken outside our luxury accommodation in Cowes (no expense spared, we truly live like kings!):

That's what happens when you spend all your dosh on Porsches! :laugh:

Edited by red rocket
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Davey P said:

so much better than those daft rag tops with their silly folding roof mechanisms

🙄 - folding roof envy...

The car looks nice but I'm afraid I'm a typical sun-starved northerner who needs to be able to take the lid off every time the sun comes out. So twice a year then.

• Haha 1