WTF ......

mrbikerdood

Gotta love a trier🤣 That's an abomination, particularly the 'Halfords' carbon interior😳

Surely no one would pay over £10k for that or am I missing something? Do some on here think that looks good?

6 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

Gotta love a trier🤣 That's an abomination, particularly the 'Halfords' carbon interior😳

Surely no one would pay over £10k for that or am I missing something? Do some on here think that looks good?

it is just awful … 

Another - although this nicely done I don't think its worth the 49k price tag 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Boxster-Speedster/283515101957?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

1. "styling package based around the Porsche Gemballa Mirage GT which was in turn based on the Porsche Carrera GT (please note this is a replica not the real thing)"  - just to be clear...

2. "20' twin spoke alloys with carbon ceramic brake look" - so it doesn't handle and doesn't stop

3. " if head turning is your thing then this is your kind of car" - my head is turning, quite rapidly, left to right and back again...

4. Tut tut, thread should be in 986 forum - even if the regulars want nothing to do with it  :D 

1 minute ago, Menoporsche said:

4. Tut tut, thread should be in 986 forum - even if the regulars want nothing to do with it  :D 

I wouldn't insult the 986 members with this monstrosity!! 🤣

13 minutes ago, mrbikerdood said:

The Martini 986 is pretty hideous. I love the Speedster coversions from a style point of view but the prices are ridiculous. AND i would put money on this particular one being the self same car i posted about, having seen it at the NEC recently, right down to the peeling aircon button!!! £74k for a 2006 car with a body kit and fancy upholstery? Don't think so! :sad01_anim:

34 minutes ago, mrbikerdood said:

As automotive art it's really nice APART FROM those glue-on humps.

I'm wondering whether it would have worked better with a 911, take the humps off and the proportions work better.

Or maybe that's just because it would look more like the original?

sure that Gembella monster has been doing the rounds for a good few months now - although not sure it had martini stripes on it last time I saw it.

This time they don't show the open frunk where the kit really doesn't fit at all well - although it is still missing a cigarette lighter! 

That interior is proper Halfords-carbontatstic isn't it 🤮

4 hours ago, Nobbie said:

The price is absurd but it looks great.

Unfortunately though it's still just a Boxster no matter how hard it tries.

3 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

sure that Gembella monster has been doing the rounds for a good few months now - although not sure it had martini stripes on it last time I saw it.

This time they don't show the open frunk where the kit really doesn't fit at all well - although it is still missing a cigarette lighter! 

That interior is proper Halfords-carbontatstic isn't it 🤮

https://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=133254637932&t=1574925020000&tid=310&category=9860&seller=autobarnsports&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=3&ittenable=false&domain=ebay.co.uk&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=2&secureDesc=1#emp-ad-ebaydesc-img-full-17

More pictures are further down the listing.

The carbon film and carbon style dipping is shocking - the whole fit and finish is shocking and that's before you add personal taste to the concept (NO I think it's ugly)

I'd also be very concerned with most of these styling projects as all the air intakes seem very much reduced.

And if all the above is not enough I'd say there is a colour match issue with the front moulding verses the bonnet and wings. Not acceptable at that price on any car, says the guy who has that issue on his own car, but I didn't even pay £5k.

Still the lister is going to have a nice bump in views from followers of this thread, but that my make him think it is worth £29k....

10 hours ago, mrbikerdood said:

I was looking at this in a kit car magazine, you give them £65k and a 987 and they hand you back this, agree the humps are OTT but the rest does look good (in the pictures)

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

I just hate replicas.......................any replicas

I'd quite happily take a Chesil Speedster. 

Oh!! Dear !!

put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig

and that price tag!! I'll bet drop links  will still be seized into the strut and bore score ( mentioned that only not heard about it for a few days ) !!!!!

Archived