Half cover recommendations please

John K

I'm looking for a car cover to see if will solve my water ingress issues.

I want to start with a half cover on the basis it will be a lot less faff to fit / remove and as a result it might get used

After struggling with the forum search Stormforce do seem to be mentioned quite a bit. But looking at their website, they only seem to do full covers

Any recommendations for a good quality half cover?

I don't mind paying for the good stuff

Cheers

I have one from custom covers uk that does the job. It fixes by trapping some flaps with piping stitched into them to door & boot shuts . Packs away nice & small into its own bag too. If I was being picky the piping could do with being thicker but had no issues with it coming loose as yet.

From reading reviews, I would say exactly that John. A few mention scratches from the magnets, but only cover when those areas of bodywork are clean.

I would suggest some detailing spray and few microfiber cloths to wipe down those areas the cover will come into contact. 

As you know, I use a full cover. By cleaning first, have never had an issue with scratched paintwork 

A full cover takes more time to put on as the whole car needs cleaning. Will buy the Porsche a New Year's present of a half cover and use that or full cover as required

6 hours ago, marcusjd said:

Hi - this is the one i have - Custom Covers, £85(ish) off Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/UK-Custom-Covers-RP114-Tailored/dp/B00RVK8VBC

fits well, doesn't flap or marr paintwork either..

IMG_4742.JPG

I’ve got this one & it’s very good.

Have a look at the Cabrioshield. Had one since I bought the car over five years ago. It doesn't have straps. It has protected magnets and toggles that are trapped by the doors and boot lid. Absolutely no complaints and no scratches that I can detect. It doesn't half save the hood taking punishment over the winter and protects against bird and insect droppings the rest of the year. Takes a couple of minutes or so to put on/take off. I wouldn't be without it.

Archived