Removing dents in plastic bumper with boiling water or a hairdryer

the baron

Has anyone tried the hair dryer or hot water method of getting dents out of a bumper, if so any tips?

I used the hot water and hairdryer and popped it back out, what I didnt realise is that there is another skin so makes it very difficult to press it out from the rear, I ended up using a screw driver to wedge up in-between the two skins and it worked a treat, the paint is hazed and cracked in a few places and there are two parts where the paint has actually come off but I can touch that back in until I get around to getting it resprayed at a later dat, so chuffed.

Will try and post a few pics up of before and after later on.

10 minutes ago, Boxob said:

The way the horizontal crease line has restored itself is very impressive. I thought that would atleast have a kink in it. Well done.

Im well chuffed with it, was heart broken yesterday.

Watched a silver 986 reverse out of a parking space last week, right into a concrete corner. I shouted but obviously too late. Pushed the bumper in a good inch and a half. My daughters were shocked. 
He pulled forward and it immediately reformed, near perfectly. Daughters even more shocked! Driver got out to look, there was barely a scratch.  Drove off. 
“Do all cars magically repair themselves like that Daddy?”

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2020 at 10:07 PM, Menoporsche said:

Watched a silver 986 reverse out of a parking space last week, right into a concrete corner. I shouted but obviously too late. Pushed the bumper in a good inch and a half. My daughters were shocked. 
He pulled forward and it immediately reformed, near perfectly. Daughters even more shocked! Driver got out to look, there was barely a scratch.  Drove off. 
“Do all cars magically repair themselves like that Daddy?”

Mummy's never does :laugh:

• Haha 2