Could water be getting in here..?

John K

The water collects behind the passenger seat 

The carpet covering the wheel arch hump might feel damp (with my hands it is hard to tell)

Could water be getting in here and running down the window seal to get into the car?

The driver side window does not have this condensation on it

20200227_162044

Unlikely I’d say.  My experience is the door membrane fails leading to wet door pocket carpet.  And of course the drain hole issues. 

You’ll find the carpet / foam is soaking  underneath.  Take the Sill cover off and the seat out and lift the carpet.   I used a fan and dehumidifier to dry mine out.  
make sure you fix the leak before putting it all back or you’ll have to go it all again !

Another vote for 'doubtful' here.

What wheel arch hump is feeling damp?  I can't think I've noticed any encroaching on passenger space, front or rear.

I think (again I am not sure as I can't really tell, I'll get Linda to 'feel it') it is the passenger rear wheel hump, so the vertical bit behind the passenger seat, not the bulkhead, but defo the wheel arch

It might have just been cold...

It is the rear recess behind the passenger seat that is getting damp. Lee checked the rear drain holes so they are good.

I guess we are looking at the door lining. I'll book it in to get that looked at

The only thing about the door lining that is making me doubt that is the damp is restricted to the back of the seat area. If it was the door I would expect the front carpet on the pass side to also be damp

Hi @John K have you checked those pesky rubber bits are tucked safely under the metal? Thats where my water was getting in.

Good luck with the search. Try pulling up the edge of the floor carpet under the back of the seat and feel the backing foam. Its a bit difficult getting your fingers in behind the carpet but its a quick check and you don't need to get all the carpets out just to check.

Kevin

10 hours ago, sa utah said:

Unlikely I’d say.  My experience is the door membrane fails leading to wet door pocket carpet.  And of course the drain hole issues. 

You’ll find the carpet / foam is soaking  underneath.  Take the Sill cover off and the seat out and lift the carpet.   I used a fan and dehumidifier to dry mine out.  
make sure you fix the leak before putting it all back or you’ll have to go it all again !

Archived