Refund from Admiral

And in a small piece of good news...

I've just received an email from Admiral, with whom I have a multi car policy, to say that since they are experiencing fewer claims during this lock down they are refunding £25 per insured vehicle. So that means an unexpected bonus of £75, which is nice!

Be interesting to see if all insurers are doing this.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gdaybruce said:

Be interesting to see if all insurers are doing this

Fat chance! I did see it suggested in the paper last week though.

I went with Elephant for the Porsche insurance yesterday and they dropped the price by £20 due to less claims. 

Found Locktons and LV (existing multi car) way too expensive for a car that does circa 5k miles a year 

I'm with Admiral, with a four car multi so should get a £100  back . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . my renewal is in May I wonder what that will be?

I suspect i will be back to single car quotes.

My girlfriend is an A&E Nurse with the NHS and has her car insurance with Admiral... she does not get the £25 refund, but they thanked her for her service and said in the event she has an at fault crash, they will waive her excess instead.

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

My girlfriend is an A&E Nurse with the NHS and has her car insurance with Admiral... she does not get the £25 refund, but they thanked her for her service and said in the event she has an at fault crash, they will waive her excess instead.

@Bike Loon, this is at odds with what's on their website. It says:

Am I still eligible if I still need to use my car or van?

Yes - the refund has been calculated based on the lower driving frequency we’re seeing, so all policyholders are eligible, including those who still need their vehicle.

Link below

https://www.admiral.com/stayathome

I received the email at the weekend and thought it might be a personalised email as the deadline date of 20th April was also my renewal date.

I did receive the usual overinflated quote which after a quick phone call was reduced by £230. So £900 for three cars and the house for a year.

The Boxster was the most expensive this year for a change but I think my little indiscretion might be the cause of that.

Still £75 to look forward to for the end of May.

14 hours ago, The Caped Crusader said:

@Bike Loon, this is at odds with what's on their website. It says:

Am I still eligible if I still need to use my car or van?

Yes - the refund has been calculated based on the lower driving frequency we’re seeing, so all policyholders are eligible, including those who still need their vehicle.

Link below

https://www.admiral.com/stayathome

Yes but NHS workers are still frequently using their vehicles so don’t get the refund. There’s a whole special section on their website explaining it.. sucks if you ask me! 

53 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Yes but NHS workers are still frequently using their vehicles so don’t get the refund.

If that is true, there should be an outcry from the whole country.  I'm not an Admiral customer, but if I was I'd be cancelling my insurance with them like a shot, just on principle. An absolute disgrace, given what the NHS workers have been through.

Do you have a link to the section that says NHS workers aren't eligible? I've found the bit where NHS workers don't have to pay excess in the event of an accident but it seems very definite that everyone gets the refund.

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

If that is true, there should be an outcry from the whole country.  I'm not an Admiral customer, but if I was I'd be cancelling my insurance with them like a shot, just on principle. An absolute disgrace, given what the NHS workers have been through.

Ok, So the original info about the excess waiver was on a text she got the other day with a link to a specific page.  Other people got the £25 text but she didnt.... She has received an email today saying "all of our customers will get the £25" so we will see. I will update when clarified.

3 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

She has received an email today saying "all of our customers will get the £25" so we will see. I will update when clarified.

In the current climate, not giving NHS workers the same refund as anyone else would be a catastrophic PR disaster for Admiral, so I can't imagine that is going to happen.

Archived