Refund from Admiral

13 hours ago, thanatoid said:

Same 🙂

Had my renewal email through  for Mid May last earlier in the week approx. £50 down on last year for the 4 cars. Need to look at the quote in more detail online now for each car and to see if this price is with the refund !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Pezky said:

has anyone actually had the money back yet? I should get £50 back

Got my £50 today

Was sent an email on the 5th May and told they were refunding within 14 days.

2020-05-14_07-49-44

Checked with the girlfriend and she hasnt even had an email confirming that she is getting the refund. She is on night shift so if shes awake enough tomorrow I said she should ring them and see if she qualifies and if so when is she getting the money

Had the email on the 21st April but no refund yet. States in the email, 

'You don’t need to contact us or do anything at all at this stage, we’ll be in touch between now and the end of May with more details about the refund'

I have multiple vehicles insured with Adrian Flux Insurance 

I sent them a query regarding possible refund / bonuses in view of the lockdown 

In short......

"NO" refunds will be given.

My response was , " well come the renewal date " my classic car ,daily car,classic tractor, house and contents........will be going to pastures new

Still nothing in the girlfriends account from Admiral... as an aside, her AA renewal has come through and as usual they are trying to bump it from the £130 (first year discount) up to £260ish... on their website at the moment they are quoting free call out for NHS staff on their way to or from work at the moment, so it will be interesting to see how hard they try to fight it when she rings and says she will only renew if its the £130  promo price they offer to new customers... (usual annual renewal fight!)

10 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Still nothing in the girlfriends account from Admiral... as an aside, her AA renewal has come through and as usual they are trying to bump it from the £130 (first year discount) up to £260ish... on their website at the moment they are quoting free call out for NHS staff on their way to or from work at the moment, so it will be interesting to see how hard they try to fight it when she rings and says she will only renew if its the £130  promo price they offer to new customers... (usual annual renewal fight!)

People pay £260 for AA? That's absolutely outrageous. I think £130 is already on the steep side.

I have 'free' AA cover through Halifax as part of my normal bank account that also includes travel insurance, mobile phone insurance etc. and that's only £204 per year (I think).

Same here with Barclays £10 a month travel pack for RAC complete breakdown and onward recovery and travel insurance .

Similar here but with Nationwide and Green Flag for £13 per month, £156 per year, and that includes world wide travel insurance, phone insurance, etc. Breakdown is full European cover. 

RAC often have flash sales. £75 PA for personal cover - home / roadside / recovery.

I sent a cheeky little message to my insurer (SAGA) pointing out that some other insurers are offering a refund due to the Covid-19 situation, and asked if they are planning to do the same.... No reply received yet  :lol:

I had a reply from SAGA this morning, which included this:

We would like to reassure you that as the situation changes daily, we are keeping a close eye on how our customers are being affected and have been planning accordingly, based on our customer’s needs.

At the moment, our priorities have been to maintain excellent levels of service, mobilizing 99% of our staff to work from home and have made a number of changes across our range of products to ensure we are looking out for our customer needs during this crisis, we are relaxing our rules on named drivers and providing additional cover at no extra charge whilst ensuring we are protecting our most vulnerable customers.

Whilst we currently do not have plans to adopt similar discount initiatives that some other insurers have, this is constantly under review during this very fluid situation.

So, that's a big fat "NO" then.... :lol:

I received my £25 this week, so whilst a bonus not to be sniffed at, I’m feeling a bit peeved with Admiral. I’ve asked for an OEM windscreen to be fitted Due to stone chip damage and I’ve been advised by Autoglass that the insurance company won’t pay, so unless I agree to pay just over £500 I will have to make do with what they would normally supply. The reason they have given is that my car is over 4 years old, so they will now be on my blacklist of companies not to be used in future!

Still no refund for the GF yet. I get there are various breakdown deals out there, but for £130 she gets everything from Home start, road side, onward travel for car and passengers to any UK destination if it cant be fixed etc etc. Given the fact that she works very unsocial hours and is often travelling as a lone female at said hours, I do not think £130 is bad to pay for all that for a year... as said though, its always pitched as a new members / introductory offer and it just annoys me that every year you have to phone up and have the fight to get it for what you paid the year before.

Still, should be an interesting convo this year given she is a Nurse and they are currently coming out to NHS staff for free (on the way to or from work) regardless of if they are a member or not.

Oh also, you do get some other good things as part of being a member... 10% off everything you buy at Halfords all year round, 20% off various restaurants etc etc.. I definitely get my £130 back in member discounts elsewhere each year.

Archived