987 Door card removal video

Glosrich

987.1 is identical. I went through this procedure recently myself. 

What never comes across on any video is the difficulty in popping the clips and get the inner door card off. 

Your video looked like they came off fairly easily?

Some weren't properly clipped in and one was broken, which I think was the main source of the leak.

Someone had been there before me.....I think the window regulator may have been replaced a few years back.

I'm gonna try a get a few Cayman/Boxster videos up on there so keep watching.

The poppers in the lower 3rd form part of the waterproof membrane .....the usual cause of “wet door carpet” is either someone poked a trim removal tool in too far when removing the door card and compromised the sticky strip water barrier or a lower popper was not reset and reseated properly when the door card was refitted.........nb externals water running down the window “sits” in the lower few inches of the aluminium inner membrane so its the poppers lower than that level and sticky strip that need to be watertight, you get away with it not being higher up......

A new aluminium membrane is c£200 from an OPC but you can just use a strip of Butyl “tape” (which is used to fit car windows) if the sticky strip has been compromised.

I always remove the door cards from the bottom rear corner, you can get a large trim under there, lever to get 4 fingers under and give it good yank to free that corner, the other poppers come away relatively easy then 😉

Ps the electrical connector with the orange “lever” .....make sure this is 100% in properly before refitting they door card.....you can think the lever has pulled it home and it hasn’t.....best to check windows are working before refitting the door card ....

......re the membrane if your not used to removing these then mark the Torx screw holes before you remove the screws with some red touch up paint...saves a lot of head scratching when you come to fit the screws back as there are a lot of other holes ..........

...you need to make sure the poppers have “reprimed” before refitting the door card, usually one or two have not (they should reset when you pull the door card off but not always) ie they have an “open” and “closed” position 

Archived