Over 50 DIY videos for the 986

TTGator

Hey guys, new to the forum. I’ve owned my 98 Boxster 986 for a little over a year now and I’ve made a bunch of DIY videos for it. I’m sure many of you have already seen one or two, but I just wanted to share the playlist that has all my Boxster content. 

Hope it’s helpful to all of you at some point!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ogZBhXvNyZTsvWKpnljSlzT1zeECtqx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mvw said:

Welcome, I was already a subscriber!  My water pump let go today, was just watching your vid.  You’ve persuaded me to have a go myself!

That’s great! Glad to hear it encouraged you. Only thing I’d add would be to replace the bolts securing it with new ones if you can get them. 

6 hours ago, TTGator said:

You’re welcome! 👍

@TTGatorSince becoming interested in the marque I’ve watched a lot of your YouTube videos to prepare me for ownership. Great content and, if you don’t mind me saying, as you’re not a professional Porsche technician it gave me the confidence that these cars can be maintained by people that have the skills but not necessarily the years of experience and knowledge on the car. Many thanks. 

Edited by Dazzevans

51 minutes ago, Dazzevans said:

@TTGatorSince becoming interested in the marque I’ve watched a lot of your YouTube videos to prepare me for ownership. Great content and, if you don’t mind me saying, as you’re not a professional Porsche technician it gave me the confidence that these cars can be maintained by people that have the skills but not necessarily the years of experience and knowledge on the car. Many thanks. 

No I don’t mind you saying! I’m the First to admit I usually have no idea what I’m about to get into but I figure if someone else can do it, I can figure it out! 

2 hours ago, mvw said:

Welcome, I was already a subscriber!  My water pump let go today, was just watching your vid.  You’ve persuaded me to have a go myself!

Let us know how you get on, got the pump & wondering whether to have a crack at changing it myself (preventative measure).

• Araf pinned this topic
23 hours ago, TTGator said:

That’s great! Glad to hear it encouraged you. Only thing I’d add would be to replace the bolts securing it with new ones if you can get them. 

Just to let you know, I removed my water pump today after another quick refresh of your vid this morning lol.  Lots of great help thank you.  I think the tip to release the hose was the most helpful, I honestly thought I wouldn’t be able to get it off until I used the grips to release it.  I’ll update my running report, but wanted to say thanks.  I have a new pump being delivered and need to fit it, but have a new found confidence 👍🏻

@TTGator nice set of videos but one tip: if you're going to stick around here you really need to get those centre caps correctly aligned with the valve! Otherwise the BoXa police will be after you! :busted: 

Wonder if it's as hot where you are as over here? 23 degrees C here today.(you'll have to work out the equivalent F!). 10 weeks wall to wall sunshine during lockdown 

• Haha 1

Just now, TTGator said:

That’s awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know about the improved confidence. It’s little things like that that make me love posting these. 

Hahaha if you watch my center cap removal video I actually do align them and point it out! Maybe they have slipped. I’ll go check 😆

10 minutes ago, red rocket said:

@TTGator nice set of videos but one tip: if you're going to stick around here you really need to get those centre caps correctly aligned with the valve! Otherwise the BoXa police will be after you! :busted: 

Wonder if it's as hot where you are as over here? 23 degrees C here today.(you'll have to work out the equivalent F!). 10 weeks wall to wall sunshine during lockdown 

Hahaha if you watch my center cap removal video I actually do align them and point it out! Maybe they have slipped. I’ll go check 😆