Clear headlight corners?

M9G UK

I have de-ambered my headlights and I am after the two corner triangles in clear. 

I'm a member on an American boxster forum and they pointed me here to ask the question. 

I purchased some "clear" corners and they arrived smoked I then ordered a set from another site and they also arrived smoked and then told me porsche don't do clear corners. Members on the American site say porsche do clear ones. 

Does anyone on here have clear corners? So I know they exist. If they do exist anyone know where I can purchase some. 

I don't really want to put smoked ones on if I can help it

Thankyou

31 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Thanks but they are the smoked ones I already have. As I say the Americans say porsche do clear but I can't find any or even pictures of them. 

People with face-lift models, are your corners clear or smoked? And if smoked are your indicator lenses smoked as well?

Cheers

51 minutes ago, Freddie said:

I feel sure I've seen clearer ones, could be wrong. I'll buy your amber ones btw if you are selling.

Yeah I've been told there are but I can't find any. 

Unfortunately one of the Amber's has a crack in it and the other the tabs on the back are so brittle with age one broke off

3 minutes ago, GmanB said:

I believe it is mainly a bad picture, it's a genuine Porsche part and says it's clear, so will probably be cheaper from OPC. 

Do you mean the link that Freddie put up? 

If it is then these part codes 500 and 600 are the ones I have and they are smoked

11 minutes ago, Mr96er said:

Could you post a pic of your de-ambered lights? 
Maybe when we see what you’re trying to match to, we could be more help😊

meanwhile, if you’re trying to match to Porsche OEM then these are your Huckleberry. 
 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184330002473

They are the ones I have bought that were labelled on site as clear. 

My indicators, after I de-ambered them I painted the metal plate in behind the lens silver so the indicators look like the headlights so that why I just wanted a clear corner but as they are smoked I will need to respray the plates behind the indicators a dar grey to match the corners. 

I was wondering if those with the 2004 face-lift model, if there corners and inductors were smoked as they are not amber

2 hours ago, GmanB said:

Looks like it's labelled incorrectly then "Insert Headlamp Clear NON WASHER". Partially smoked is probably more accurate, they are hardly like in the image. 

It is clear in the context of 'not Amber', like the 'clear' tail lights are also smoked.

I have a 2004 with clear lens and they do look a bit darker than the one next to it, I even had them out yesterday and never even noticed until I just went to check, looks ok to me

1 minute ago, Mark Hunt said:

I have a 2004 with clear lens and they do look a bit darker than the one next to it, I even had them out yesterday and never even noticed until I just went to check, looks ok to me

OK Thankyou, I'm going to use the smoked ones and smoke the indicator lens on the I side to match

26 minutes ago, Mr96er said:

These are oem... and they do in some lights look darker..

50025643256_cf8a4e724e_b.jpg

all rights reserved by @Nobbie 

Thankyou, I see the bottom of the inside of the indicator is dark to make it look similar to the smoked corner piece. I've just taken mi e apart and sprayed that metal plate inside the indicator a dark graphite grey so will be similar to what you have. 

Seeing that picture explains a lot that the corner piece is different to the indicator lense even on standard oem headlights which is what mine now looks like. 

Appreciate the close up picture thankyou

Regards 

From what I see you have orange bulbs in the indicator, just for your info if you want to make it look nicer without the orange then you can get off a certain auction site some chrome bulbs that flash orange, takes away that bit of orange and looks nice

19 minutes ago, M9G UK said:

From what I see you have orange bulbs in the indicator, just for your info if you want to make it look nicer without the orange then you can get off a certain auction site some chrome bulbs that flash orange, takes away that bit of orange and looks nice

There is also an orange reflector on the inside. A full de-amber removes this too.

45 minutes ago, M9G UK said:

To clarify, 

this is @Nobbie’s car which he kindly let me photograph this morning while out pottering about. 

here’s the other side. Even more difference I’d say, but also depends on angle we noticed.

im all ambered up, thanks! 

👍

Yeah you definitely see the difference

Mine looked nice the green with the Amber and was going to leave it but decided to do the de-amber mod and change the rears to led red and clear and I'm glad I did it. When I get these headlights back on the car I'll upload some pics

9 minutes ago, Mr96er said:

To clarify, 

this is @Nobbie’s car which he kindly let me photograph this morning while out pottering about. 

50025498433_f9e4bbe6ff_b.jpg

here’s the other side. Even more difference I’d say, but also depends on angle we noticed.

im all ambered up, thanks! 

50025643156_76520d4662_b.jpg

👍

Love the red seats on the silver :) 

Archived