Haynes manual

Mark Hunt

Hiya Mark,

As @golfprorich mentions I use 101 Projects...and found it pretty good resource. I only have a basic level of experience and have managed to do several jobs now. Actually more than I really wanted too as front discs were on the cusp of needing changing. I have enjoyed working on the car and saved several hundred pounds. 👍

Thanks Theo, how in-depth is it, I will never be taking the engine out or stripping it down for a rebuild, I just want to do what I can myself, and save a bit of cash, and get out of doing the gardening

28 minutes ago, Mark Hunt said:

Thanks Theo, how in-depth is it, I will never be taking the engine out or stripping it down for a rebuild, I just want to do what I can myself, and save a bit of cash, and get out of doing the gardening

Have a look at the Pelican Parts website; alot of the projects are taken straight from the 101 Projects book or vice versa. Definitely worth buying the book - if you search you'll probably pick it up cheap somewhere. This page has some details https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/accessories/porsche_boxster_projects_books.htm

2 hours ago, red rocket said:

Have a look at the Pelican Parts website; alot of the projects are taken straight from the 101 Projects book or vice versa. Definitely worth buying the book - if you search you'll probably pick it up cheap somewhere. This page has some details https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/accessories/porsche_boxster_projects_books.htm

^^^ agreed 100%, enough for most enthusiasts.

Go for it Mark, you can save a lot of money for more plants.

Hi Mark,

I have both the Bentley and 101 Projects books.  I find I use the 101 Projects most often as it covers in good detail with photos, the basic projects I am comfortable doing on my own.  I'm never going to do a complete rebuild or remove the engine!  But using the 101 book I have done the brakes, Tiptronic filter and fluid replacement, Oil change, changed the Belt and pulleys, changed plugs, replaced a power steering line and replaced CV boots.  I'm no mechanic just a guy who likes to fiddle with his toys and save on repairs where I can.

As others have mentioned much of the info in the 101 book is also available online at the Pelican site.

You can get an online download of the factory manual for about £15 at a few places. Someone did put alink to a free down load a while back but my anti-virus decided the link was almost as dodgy as  a Trump statement on drinking bleach to kill CV19.

I use e-manuals online but other sites are available.

Pelican parts site and look at the technical articles as it covers quite a bit of regular maintenance tasks as well as known 986 niggle fixes.

+1 for 101 Projects use it as a starting point for most work I do on the car.  Plus use the stacks of videos and write ups you'll find online.

Thanks for all your replies, looking at the reviews I think I will go for the 101 projects it’s on Amazon for £23 it should be ok for the jobs I would like to do

Regards

Mark

Got both and use the Bentley one most as the 101 Projects is very 'upgrade' orientated. Google for secondhand copies - both mine are damaged stock books with no real damage to them and both were 1/3 of the new price.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived