Cayenne GTS - Catchpole review

John K

17 minutes ago, That986 said:

Mr Catchpole is responsible for me getting the best pair of driving shoes i've ever owned after watching one of his vids. 

Which were?

Hmm. 
Nice ending. 
The salt was bizarre. 
The FIDO system ok but laboured. 
For me the sales figures are more interesting. On this board we like to promote the Boxster as the car that saved Porsche. But when will people admit that the Cayenne is really the car that made Porsche what it is today?

Sticks in the throat, but true. 

got to say I'm a fan of the Cayenne;

Had two of them, an original Turbo, and one of the first hybrids.

Did lots of mileage on both.  Still have that Porsche 'feel'

Would have bought one when the kids came a long 3 and a bit years ago, but it was in model transition, so the timing wasn't right.  Ended up with a brute of diesel X5.

its not bad by any means, but its just not got that last bit of dynamic edge, which the Cayenne has.

Its due for replacement early next year - will be looking at both the Cayenne and the Macan.  Don't like the way the new X5 looks, plus its grown significantly.

26 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

For me the sales figures are more interesting. On this board we like to promote the Boxster as the car that saved Porsche. But when will people admit that the Cayenne is really the car that made Porsche what it is today?

Sticks in the throat, but true. 

I'm going to be my diplomatic best and suggest the following...

The Boxster did save Porsche by giving them the money and breathing space to develop the Cayenne which then went on to make Porsche richer than Creosote...

35 minutes ago, John K said:

I'm going to be my diplomatic best and suggest the following...

The Boxster did save Porsche by giving them the money and breathing space to develop the Cayenne which then went on to make Porsche richer than Creosote...

Sooo,,, the Boxster was able to tide them over until the Cayenne saved the day :)

2 hours ago, That986 said:

Mr Catchpole is responsible for me getting the best pair of driving shoes i've ever owned after watching one of his vids. 

He's wearing a nice watch too, a Bremont, so all round good guy with his taste in cars shoes and watches, oh and salt 😂

Edited by the baron

4 minutes ago, That986 said:

Inov-8 XF210 V2.

Inov-8 produce great sports shoes - been wearing them for years now. Proper footwear designed for a job.

Have the XF210 v1 which is very comfortable.

Currently running (on/off road) with Inov-8 Terraultra G260. Wonderful - loads of grip.

16 hours ago, rowbos said:

They look interesting 🤔

They are probably as close to barefoot as you can get and the sole has properly sticky rubber so you actually grip the pedals, makes heel/toe a doddle tbh. They're not really walking around shoes as they are meant for gym/cross-training but as a driving shoe that doesn't look like a loafer or costs silly money (Piloti, looking at you) they excel.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, map said:

Inov-8 produce great sports shoes - been wearing them for years now. Proper footwear designed for a job.

Have the XF210 v1 which is very comfortable.

Currently running (on/off road) with Inov-8 Terraultra G260. Wonderful - loads of grip.

Tbh this is my first pair from them and it won't be my last. 

1 hour ago, John K said:

One of my posts has actually turned useful and informative :o

I'm going to look outside to check if the sky is still up there...

Maybe a Mod can lock this post down so it can't deteriorate and can be preserved for ever more 🤣

Edited by the baron