Boxster   £48650

Boxster T £54363

Boxster S £56000

I've used a headline figure from the US motoring press 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Oh hell yeah.  We have argued here for 15 years about the pros and cons of the early 2.5 vs the 2.7 vs the 2.9 vs the 3.2 vs the 3.4.  And you know the one thing that finally united pretty much everyone? Take two cylinders away...

The 'Rule of Six'. Boris just borrowed it.

On 9/16/2020 at 9:36 AM, JohnSyn said:

However I'm playing with the GTS and hope to get it up to around 375 bhp, which is the same as my 981 Spyder.

Now you have really got my attention John! what other mods are you thinking off?

Oi what's all this remap and hijack my thread! And I'm feeling six 🤮!!

Anyways, all are forgiven. I did a little bumbling around some valuation sites and was offered £36k for my Cay by WBAC who I have never used. My settlement on PCP is about £23k.

I've never traded in a Porsche to a Porsche dealership and my experience doing this with BMW was a shocker where I managed to get £5k more looking elsewhere.

Any pointers?

Cheers

JC😷

11 hours ago, JustCruzin said:

Oi what's all this remap and hijack my thread! And I'm feeling six 🤮!!

Anyways, all are forgiven. I did a little bumbling around some valuation sites and was offered £36k for my Cay by WBAC who I have never used. My settlement on PCP is about £23k.

I've never traded in a Porsche to a Porsche dealership and my experience doing this with BMW was a shocker where I managed to get £5k more looking elsewhere.

Any pointers?

Cheers

JC😷

'Mission creep' seems normal on this forum! 😂 I recently posted about something only for the subsequent posts going off in a completely different direction! In regard to your current Cayman many forum members have got a significant increase by approaching a number of different OPCs. There is a shortage of  second hand Porsches at dealerships and I've been approached twice now about my cars. 

It sounds like Porsche are effectively reserving the right to charge you an extra 10% to cover their backs so you could do the same and make it a condition of the purchase that you also reserve the right to cancel the sale and get your deposit back if they enforce their option.  If they wouldn't agree to that I wouldn't place an order and I would shop around as you will probably find a dealer who will.

24 minutes ago, topradio said:

It sounds like Porsche are effectively reserving the right to charge you an extra 10% to cover their backs so you could do the same and make it a condition of the purchase that you also reserve the right to cancel the sale and get your deposit back if they enforce their option.  If they wouldn't agree to that I wouldn't place an order and I would shop around as you will probably find a dealer who will.

Agree with this, if you can hold the right to cancel I'm fairly sure they will find a way to do the deal, can't imagine what the markup is on these cars but I bet it is a heck of a lot more than 10% and they can easily swallow that and still be firmly in the black on the deal.

that Brexit document has been used for a long time now (was it pre referendum?), although I'd not heard of it recently....as OPCs are parts of different car groups have you tried another one?

I wouldnt agree to it...

...surely someone like VAG would do some currency buying trickery to cover this?

added when I pxd my 987 in 2013 I struggled to get them to guarantee the px price for 3mths ahead too!

11 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

that Brexit document has been used for a long time now (was it pre referendum?), although I'd not heard of it recently....as OPCs are parts of different car groups have you tried another one?

I wouldnt agree to it...

...surely someone like VAG would do some currency buying trickery to cover this?

added when I pxd my 987 in 2013 I struggled to get them to guarantee the px price for 3mths ahead too!

It's not a exchange rate issue though, it's tariff issue.  I'm sure that VAG will be buying a lot of currency futures in order to hedge any currency fluctations but that isn't the issue here.  They are concerned that post brexit a 'sudden' additional tariff will be imposed on their UK sales which effectively cuts right into their profit margin.

2 hours ago, topradio said:

It sounds like Porsche are effectively reserving the right to charge you an extra 10% to cover their backs so you could do the same and make it a condition of the purchase that you also reserve the right to cancel the sale and get your deposit back if they enforce their option.

Yep....thats exactly the agreement I got

2 hours ago, mike597 said:

It's not a exchange rate issue though, it's tariff issue.  I'm sure that VAG will be buying a lot of currency futures in order to hedge any currency fluctations but that isn't the issue here.  They are concerned that post brexit a 'sudden' additional tariff will be imposed on their UK sales which effectively cuts right into their profit margin.

oh ok understand, thought it was just currency exchange rates

46 minutes ago, MIkeyv60 said:

It isnt Porsche that will make the extra 10%,this will go to the Government or the EU

The tariff will be paid by the vendor to the government as a form of sales tax I guess. They just want to pass that directly to the consumer.  Which might be a short sighted view. 

2 hours ago, mike597 said:

The tariff will be paid by the vendor to the government as a form of sales tax I guess. They just want to pass that directly to the consumer.  Which might be a short sighted view. 

If every manufacturer adds 10% then they are all in the same boat. I cant see them absorbing it as it will eat into profits big time

Every manufacturer charges what they can get away with in every market.  If they find that the 10% tariff puts the price up to a point where they can no longer sell their cars in that market they will either reduce their margin or stop selling into that country.

Once they know whether tariffs are going to be imposed, they will have to alter their price lists to include it. 

On 9/18/2020 at 3:44 PM, MIkeyv60 said:

If every manufacturer adds 10% then they are all in the same boat. I cant see them absorbing it as it will eat into profits big time

As I've already said.  Manufacturers will charge as much as they can to maintain their position and market share.  Can you tell which of the current manufacturers pay duty and which don't?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 4:40 PM, JohnSyn said:

Talking about a GT3 plenum etc change then a remap, they think 35-45 bhp increase. 

Be interested to follow this. I extended the warranty on mine through until Dec 21, but it’s a keeper for me (cost of change for my choice of spec on GTS 4.0 is too much, for such little extra gain.

8 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Be interested to follow this. I extended the warranty on mine through until Dec 21, but it’s a keeper for me (cost of change for my choice of spec on GTS 4.0 is too much, for such little extra gain.

Not moved much since I posted. The guy who is looking into this for me, and the remap, has had cataract surgery and isn't back to his garage yet. Once I know about this I'll post in my car thread in the Running Reports section.

Archived