Incoming Macan...

Withy

Not used it too much as yet, but went for a play yesterday evening.  It's an unbelievable all rounder, it's quiet, smooth, comfortable and luxurious when you want it to be, and then it goes like a scalded cat and sounds like an automotive Metallica track when you twist the dial and floor the fun pedal!

The most annoying thing is that I now must get Carnewal or PSE on the 981 as the pops and crackles amuse me too much not to have them

Loving it so far. Graphene waxing stuff arrived, hoping for a dry spell over weekend to waste time washing/buffing :)

Edited by Withy

• 4 months later...

Im seriously considering the Macan Gts , i dont think ill have any chance of getting in and out of a 911 or gt4.

There is a facelift model coming out. The dash is 992 like and updated info system along with some exterior tweeks .

Unfortunately this isnt available to order until later in the year. 

They have stopped taking factory orders for the present model as well.

Edited by MIkeyv60

3 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Im seriously considering the Macan Gts , i dont think ill have any chance of getting in and out of a 911 or gt4.

There is a facelift model coming out. The dash is 992 like and updated info system along with some exterior tweeks .

Unfortunately this isnt available to order until later in the year. 

They have stopped taking factory orders for the present model as well.

Thats interesting Mike. When I dropped the registration documents in to the OPC for my GT4 I mentioned out of interest I had put my current, 6 month old, Macan GTS into WBECs system and they had indicated a value less than £5k less than I paid for it. The OPC said they'd probably offer more. Certainly made me think! 

On 5/14/2021 at 6:57 PM, JohnSyn said:

Thats interesting Mike. When I dropped the registration documents in to the OPC for my GT4 I mentioned out of interest I had put my current, 6 month old, Macan GTS into WBECs system and they had indicated a value less than £5k less than I paid for it. The OPC said they'd probably offer more. Certainly made me think! 

Hardly nothing for sale at the moment and what is commands a high price.

The face lift will have touch screen controls which isnt going down well in other VAG group cars and the 992 

It isnt being released until Autumn and quite a few have deposits down already or so the dealership has said.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 5:17 PM, MIkeyv60 said:

Hardly nothing for sale at the moment and what is commands a high price.

The face lift will have touch screen controls which isnt going down well in other VAG group cars and the 992 

It isnt being released until Autumn and quite a few have deposits down already or so the dealership has said.

Blimey Mike, WBAC text and have now offered even more for my car! As I've spec'd this one to exactly as I want I'm keeping it but as you infer the absence of cars is driving up prices. 

On 6/9/2021 at 9:01 PM, JohnSyn said:

Blimey Mike, WBAC text and have now offered even more for my car! As I've spec'd this one to exactly as I want I'm keeping it but as you infer the absence of cars is driving up prices. 

Seems they are after the gts as the turbos are available and stay in the dealerships a lot longer

• Like 1