Cheapest 981 Spyder ever...

718as

10 minutes ago, antjrice said:

You still would though....

Got to think that cardboard cut-out of Quentin Wilson is knocking a few grand off.... 

Would you though. 

I Could imagine that excuse for a roof system would get tiresome extremely quickly in our climate. 

2 hours ago, EXY said:

Would you though. 

I Could imagine that excuse for a roof system would get tiresome extremely quickly in our climate. 

Ah... 

So that's what the cardboard cut-out is for... 

4 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Finally a bite! :D

It is in the summer, but Oct-April it's probably the same, just warmer. As I constantly say, we are also on the Atlantic coast, just like your emerald Isle.

One of my machine operators is Portuguese and would give you an argument. 

Most mornings his first words are usually "does it EVER stop raining in this country". 

Needless to say the first reply is usually "well fek off back home then" :)

How long does your summer last then, ours is usually about 4-5 days only this year it was in March :(

7 minutes ago, EXY said:

One of my machine operators is Portuguese and would give you an argument. 

Most mornings his first words are usually "does it EVER stop raining in this country". 

Needless to say the first reply is usually "well fek off back home then" :)

How long does your summer last then, ours is usually about 4-5 days only this year it was in March :(

Glad to hear about your PC approach to the workplace 😆

Summer's generally May-Oct but after living here 20 years I don't really notice. I get up, get on the train to work, sit in the aircon'd office, get on the train back and go home. My wife can tell you all about the weather each year but I don't notice it much.

The country's long so like the UK it can be quite nice in the south - and notably drier - but cold and wet in the north. If he's from the south he'll really hate Ireland.

What I do notice though (after having spent a couple of winters in Moscow) is that sunshine can be very cheering - and lack of it can be very depressing. Even if it's not actually raining.  I've heard of Spanish and Portuguese that had to leave the UK/IRL because of that, it was too oppressive for them.

Anyway, it's almost likely the roof would go up in our summers if for more than 20 minutes as getting frazzled in 39C isn't particularly good for my obviously Viking skin.

Archived