Front Parking Sensors

GulNawaz

It isn't an official retrofit, so not a total doddle.

I also have rear sensors only, but I intend to have a go at fitting the front ones sometime.  I have been gathering the parts slowly, and so far have got a PDC control unit, a set of sensors and (rare as hen's teeth) mounting clips.  I've also got a wiring loom, set of connectors, a punch to make the holes, and a few other bits and bobs.  I need a roof console, but there are so many variants it is a bit of a minefield.  I haven't yet been able to find one that looks exactly right.  Nor can I find from the parts catalogue the part number of the one I need to match the options I have.  Once I find that, I'll be giving it a go, but it probably won't be until next year.

Without wishing to take over this thread (sorry, OP) does anyone have a 718 with front sensors, but without the interior light package?  In other words, a roof console that has just the two interior lights with switches, and a switch for the parking sensors?  If so, any chance of a photo?

17 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

Without wishing to take over this thread (sorry, OP) does anyone have a 718 with front sensors, but without the interior light package?  In other words, a roof console that has just the two interior lights with switches, and a switch for the parking sensors?  If so, any chance of a photo?

Is this what you want?

dZrgaNh.jpg

That's exactly what I wanted, thank you!

All the ones I have seen on eBay have "passenger airbag off" written on them, but mine doesn't and nor does yours.  It is something to do with the Advanced Airbag option.  I just can't find the one like yours on the parts list.  I'll have to keep looking.

http://www.richard-hamilton.co.uk/misc/porsche/roofconsole.jpg

Archived