Sold 987.1S and MacanSD and bought a 718 T Boxster

mark-yorkshire

It’s been a busy 24 hours for me. Having sold my Macan a week or so ago I have today sold my 2005 987.1 Boxster S to a fellow forum member. Knowing that the Boxster S was going today I agreed to buy  a December 2019 3,000 mile demo 718 Boxster T PDK which I collected yesterday. I have previously owned a 987.2 2.9 Cayman PDK and a 2.7 981 Boxster PDK . I was blown away by the performance of the 2.0 Boxster T - the low down torque is far and way superior to both the 981 base car and the base gen 2 987. The -20mm drop PASM suspension is also fantastic. Build quality is very good - no rattles or creaks. Just a tiny bit of wind flutter (at speeds over 70mph)around the rear of the drivers window where it meets the hood- hoping a bit of Gummiphledge might sort it. Even averaged 37mpg on the 2 hour drive back and I didn’t hang about. pics here

https://imgur.com/gallery/UTsJLYO

1 minute ago, iborguk said:

Very nice looking car.

Thanks. It really is a stunning car. Have had grey or black cars since 2012 so nice to have a change. The performance of the 2.0 flat 4 turbo is amazing ( especially in Sports plus or performance overtake boost mode ) I am even happy with the engine noise but the exhaust cannot quite compare to the Sportsgraphic exhaust on the 987.1 Boxster S  that I have just sold.

The 718 does look tidy and improved looks wise compared to the 981.  White suits it too.

Enjoy!

24 minutes ago, EagleStar said:

The 718 does look tidy and improved looks wise compared to the 981.  White suits it too.

Enjoy!

The metallic white contrasts nicely with the agate grey mirrors, titanium wheels, tinted taillights and dark led headlights.  Quite why the dealership specced gloss black roll over bars when the standard T spec is agate grey.

Congrats lovely car.

Nice to hear someone appreciate the better performance and economy of the flat 4, rather that just whinging about the lack of flat 6 noise.

They are a big advance in performance and economy over the flat 6, which is why Porsche developed them. Almost 40mpg out of a performance car is great.

Bit cynical of them now to launch the 4.0 GTS, to cash in on nostalgia for the flat 6.

5 hours ago, Glosrich said:

Congrats lovely car.

Nice to hear someone appreciate the better performance and economy of the flat 4, rather that just whinging about the lack of flat 6 noise.

They are a big advance in performance and economy over the flat 6, which is why Porsche developed them. Almost 40mpg out of a performance car is great.

Bit cynical of them now to launch the 4.0 GTS, to cash in on nostalgia for the flat 6.

Having owned a 987.1 Boxster S, 987.2 Cayman and 981 Boxster I can safely say that the 718 Boxster T is the best performing of all of them. You can certainly tell that over time there has been much progress made. I don’t even think about the difference in engine noise and actually quite like the low down growl it makes. The trouble with the flat 6 is that it only really came alive at the higher end of the Rev band. 

7 hours ago, Glosrich said:

Almost 40mpg out of a performance car is great.

I get that from my 987.2S but I still think the 718s are incredible cars.  I wouldn't say "No" :D 

Archived