Just had a remap and also a Sprint Booster fitted the same day!!

Tryinghard64

16 hours ago, DaveEFI said:

I've a feeling many of these re-maps simply fix a fault. On an NA engine. Different thing with a turbo.

I have just got the mapping software for my cayman and it came with a base map. Added a small amount of power but the throttle map it came with isn’t for me as it Jack’s the throttle open too early. So falsely feels faster lower down as 20% throttle is like 50% now. I will change this back to a more natural feel. 
mapping software for me will have a big benefit when I build the 3.8lt engine for it. 

Mark

17 hours ago, Mark Shead said:

I have just got the mapping software for my cayman and it came with a base map. Added a small amount of power but the throttle map it came with isn’t for me as it Jack’s the throttle open too early. So falsely feels faster lower down as 20% throttle is like 50% now. I will change this back to a more natural feel. 
mapping software for me will have a big benefit when I build the 3.8lt engine for it. 

Mark

I'd love to see independent tests on a dyno from a standard engine in good nick versus a 'mapped' one. All too easy to make a dyno read what you or the customer wants to see. And you're right - remapping the pedal characteristics can fool many into thinking they have more 'power'.

10 hours ago, DaveEFI said:

I'd love to see independent tests on a dyno from a standard engine in good nick versus a 'mapped' one. All too easy to make a dyno read what you or the customer wants to see. And you're right - remapping the pedal characteristics can fool many into thinking they have more 'power'.

I will have mine on the dyno so will see what it does. Feels slightly better at the top but it will be delayed a bit as now mapping my 996 turbo development car so that will take my time. 

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/27/2021 at 8:47 PM, backinaporscheagain said:

Fitted sprint booster last week. 5 minute job. Huge improvement in driving experience, just feels so responsive, no lag in throttle response.

Now just keep It in permanently in sport mode.

Would recommend to all :)

sprint booster or pedal commander? I guess they do the same thing....I do want to remove some of the dbw lag

I bought one for the 987.2 off of Ebay for a price worth giving it a try. 

Anyone considering it should watch the video on it by the company.

Sprint Booster Demo - YouTube

company demo

Porsche 987, Sprint Booster Install & Review - YouTube

happy user

Sprint Booster 0-60MPH Test // N52 BMW - YouTube

user test several runs

It is very customisable - 2 X 9 settings. Does it make a difference - yes I believe it does. I opens the throttle body quicker setting dependant.

It reminds me of the sport mode on my last 911.

It is fun, it has a small controller that can be double taped to the dash. Easy to switch on change or switch off and drive normally around town.

It is not the same as flooring the accelerator pedal at all. Despite what people will try to say. The opening rate of the throttle is electronically controlled and pressing harder does not change that at all.

Also the car is set up for 'general road use' so that means for everybody and as such needs to be ok for driving miss daisy if the need arises.

Regards

Glen