I hate my postcode...

fizz

So... im 40 with 15 years NCB, 1 non fault claim 2 years ago which was settled for circa £1600 and my no claims was not affected. 

I'm getting quotes for a 03 plate S with a Bradford postcode which is one of the hot spots in the UK for accidents. I am being shafted due to this and want to know if there are any insurers out there that look at an individual case based on his/her history of owning classic/sports cars without ever having been in an accident in one? (the non fault was a civic i was driving on a round about when i got side swiped by a douche who got his braking way wrong on bald tyres) 

I've had numerous integras, mr2, celica gt4, ep3 type r, DC5 type R etc etc and never one made a claim on any of them in my driving career yet the cheapest quotes im getting from the likes of footman james, lancaster, A-plan etc is circa £850 cheapest. 

Now i have manged to find a £550 quote off 1central via money supermarket but im worried that come renewal they may not be about and i will end up in the same position of being blacklisted by the main underwriters. 

Any ideas or suggestions people?

1 hour ago, fizz said:

I'm getting quotes for a 03 plate S with a Bradford postcode

Any ideas or suggestions people?

Hi. Have you considered moving out of Bradford?

Cheers, Baggers.

Keen to find out what your postcode is? 

My Boxster is at BD20 and it's a pretty cheap second car to run. 

My Vans BB18 and that's again decent compared to what other people I know pay. 

Just wondering if the lower the number gets the worse it is 😅

32 minutes ago, 986CKY said:

Keen to find out what your postcode is? 

My Boxster is at BD20 and it's a pretty cheap second car to run. 

My Vans BB18 and that's again decent compared to what other people I know pay. 

Just wondering if the lower the number gets the worse it is 😅

Very possibly mate... BD7 but i've also lived in BD9 (Chellow Dene) and it was still shyte. 

@fizz Have you tried any of the Classic car insurers? Depends on whether you want cover to use everyday ie commuting or whether the car is garaged? 
 Mine is insured with Locktons on the PCGB scheme. Others I know of that people use are classic line and  Manninguk. Mine is insured for 5k per year inc track days but no business use & is always garaged. I pay about £340 from memory.

1 hour ago, Toddie said:

@fizz Have you tried any of the Classic car insurers? Depends on whether you want cover to use everyday ie commuting or whether the car is garaged? 
 Mine is insured with Locktons on the PCGB scheme. Others I know of that people use are classic line and  Manninguk. Mine is insured for 5k per year inc track days but no business use & is always garaged. I pay about £340 from memory.

Tried footman James, Lancaster and a few others. 

I'll try the ones you've mentioned as I've not heard of them before. Cheers mate.👍🏽

On 11/26/2020 at 8:03 PM, Toddie said:

classic line and  Manninguk

So tried a few more today and im getting quotes from £800 to £1200 respectively. Manning in particular said its because its my first porsche and didnt take into consideration my past car history of owning MR2 turbo's for years which are same layout and same power, in fact the boxster by all accounts is a lot easier to drive! 

To think the best price ive had is via money supermarket and another broker Keith Michaels who do bespoke quotes emailed me to say that the best quote ive got must be a mistake and that the excess must be way off rather than accepting what ive advised him. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1807r9bqWxRcsJzSY417tWWlkbMQ_rXwR/view?usp=sharing

39 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Have you tried asking the same companies to quote you for your old MR2 turbo?  It would at least indicate if it is or is not the car that is the problem.

Yup, Lancaster and A-Plan both coming up with £850+.

I'm happy with the £550 for now so either way it will be fine. 👍🏽

Just frustrating being penalised for the idiots who live in my city.

OK so it really is the postcode not the car.

How long have you been there - not long enough to know this?  Or did you go through a Sensible Car patch for family reasons and now got a shock?

3 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

OK so it really is the postcode not the car.

How long have you been there - not long enough to know this?  Or did you go through a Sensible Car patch for family reasons and now got a shock?

Yeah i have been here 10 years and insured the MR2 turbo for £380, deffo is the post code and as you say been sensible for a while and was in for a shock when i decided i wanted a 986. 

Archived