Warning lights

Happy Days

With working from home and all that, I haven't driven my 718S for a while. For shopping etc, we use the Macan. I had to go out for a short spin the other day so I took the Boxster. Three warning lights flashed up - battery has been in service mode (or something similar), check LHR light, check RHR light (or close to that). I checked the lights and all was good so I drove on. The temperatures were both reading 0 degrees, so I thought I'd go for a longer run to get water up to 90 and oil to over 100 as is normal. Car drop absolutely fine (headed seats and steering wheel really useful at this time of year). Stopped at the shop together my essential goods (wine) and upon return to the car no warnings or messages. Must have been feeling lonely sitting out there in the cold...

11 minutes ago, Happy Days said:

With working from home and all that, I haven't driven my 718S for a while. For shopping etc, we use the Macan. I had to go out for a short spin the other day so I took the Boxster. Three warning lights flashed up - battery has been in service mode (or something similar), check LHR light, check RHR light (or close to that). I checked the lights and all was good so I drove on. The temperatures were both reading 0 degrees, so I thought I'd go for a longer run to get water up to 90 and oil to over 100 as is normal. Car drop absolutely fine (headed seats and steering wheel really useful at this time of year). Stopped at the shop together my essential goods (wine) and upon return to the car no warnings or messages. Must have been feeling lonely sitting out there in the cold...

Sounds like the battery needed/needs a spot of charge.

Yeh I suspect it’s just a case of the battery voltage dropped just below a level where it starts causing some sensors or the canbus to start giving erroneous readings.  Drive it more or stick it on a trickle charger every couple of weeks.

Archived