Driving during lockdown

You could make almost any journey 'essential'...

I can't believe they could wriggle out of anything that happened whilst driving at the moment,  surely the small print does not allow for the current situation?

3 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Im not so sure. If the government said no going out and you did, that might constitute an issue somewhere... I'm just guessing. 

Im going out now to the shops for essential shaving gel oh and dinner for tonight 

The essential long way round? 🤓

Looking at the roads around here there are a hell of a lot of essential trips happening. Almost like there is no lockdown..... A mate had an accident last week, no mention of if it was an essential trip when he dealt with his insurance. 

1 hour ago, CMA said:

Looking at the roads around here there are a hell of a lot of essential trips happening. Almost like there is no lockdown..... A mate had an accident last week, no mention of if it was an essential trip when he dealt with his insurance. 

That answers my question thank you 

4 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Yes exactly where I've just been. Plenty of sliding....went to overtake something and as I was changing lanes the car let go... Was fun. 

That'll be the tyres. ;) 

20 hours ago, CMA said:

Same round Milton Keynes,roads still busy.This lockdown is very different to the first one.

20 hours ago, Oldboy 63 said:

Same round Milton Keynes,roads still busy.This lockdown is very different to the first one.

I've noticed that. My one bit of daily exercise is walking my dog. Trying to cross Newton Road in Bletchley is a flippin' nightmare in the morning. Waited for 4 mins the other day and the 2 mini roundabouts near the Three trees pub/ Tesco local were queuing in all directions this morning:slap:

Obviously, just blame Boris for the increase in COVID cases!

2 hours ago, Pezky said:

I've noticed that. My one bit of daily exercise is walking my dog. Trying to cross Newton Road in Bletchley is a flippin' nightmare in the morning. Waited for 4 mins the other day and the 2 mini roundabouts near the Three trees pub/ Tesco local were queuing in all directions this morning:slap:

Obviously, just blame Boris for the increase in COVID cases!

Seen the shopping robots struggling to get across that bit of road.

Insurance companies have no instructions around restrictions for vehicle use during lockdown.

You would have to get something in writing from your insurance company stating you are not covered if you do X

Until then drive free!

PS that won't stop the police pulling you over though  :)

Archived