Jump to content

Driving during lockdown


Recommended Posts

You could make almost any journey 'essential'...

I can't believe they could wriggle out of anything that happened whilst driving at the moment,  surely the small print does not allow for the current situation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im not so sure. If the government said no going out and you did, that might constitute an issue somewhere... I'm just guessing. 

 

Im going out now to the shops for essential shaving gel oh and dinner for tonight 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Im not so sure. If the government said no going out and you did, that might constitute an issue somewhere... I'm just guessing. 

 

Im going out now to the shops for essential shaving gel oh and dinner for tonight 

The essential long way round? 🤓

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the roads around here there are a hell of a lot of essential trips happening. Almost like there is no lockdown..... A mate had an accident last week, no mention of if it was an essential trip when he dealt with his insurance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rowbos said:

The essential long way round? 🤓

Yes exactly where I've just been. Plenty of sliding....went to overtake something and as I was changing lanes the car let go... Was fun. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CMA said:

Looking at the roads around here there are a hell of a lot of essential trips happening. Almost like there is no lockdown..... A mate had an accident last week, no mention of if it was an essential trip when he dealt with his insurance. 

That answers my question thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Yes exactly where I've just been. Plenty of sliding....went to overtake something and as I was changing lanes the car let go... Was fun. 

That'll be the tyres. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Maybe I've added 500hp since last week 😜

Yes it will be the tyres. Not fit for 2 degrees 

Not fit for anything from your recent comments 🤐

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cheddar Bob said:

More than adequate to keep you out of sight my dear chap 😜😎😁👮👮💩🎅

True, it would be hard to keep anyone in sight as you spin frantically 🤣

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

I added the 💩 for a reason. 😜

Ling Long and prosper my friend 😇

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, CMA said:

Looking at the roads around here there are a hell of a lot of essential trips happening. Almost like there is no lockdown..... A mate had an accident last week, no mention of if it was an essential trip when he dealt with his insurance. 

Same round Milton Keynes,roads still busy.This lockdown is very different to the first one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Oldboy 63 said:

Same round Milton Keynes,roads still busy.This lockdown is very different to the first one.

I've noticed that. My one bit of daily exercise is walking my dog. Trying to cross Newton Road in Bletchley is a flippin' nightmare in the morning. Waited for 4 mins the other day and the 2 mini roundabouts near the Three trees pub/ Tesco local were queuing in all directions this morning:slap:

Obviously, just blame Boris for the increase in COVID cases!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pezky said:

I've noticed that. My one bit of daily exercise is walking my dog. Trying to cross Newton Road in Bletchley is a flippin' nightmare in the morning. Waited for 4 mins the other day and the 2 mini roundabouts near the Three trees pub/ Tesco local were queuing in all directions this morning:slap:

Obviously, just blame Boris for the increase in COVID cases!

Seen the shopping robots struggling to get across that bit of road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Insurance companies have no instructions around restrictions for vehicle use during lockdown.

You would have to get something in writing from your insurance company stating you are not covered if you do X

Until then drive free!

PS that won't stop the police pulling you over though  :)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...