25 Years of the Boxster - Special Edition

Southy

Does anyone know which OPCs have build slots? 

Apparently Porsche are quoting residuals of just under £40k on these after 3 years and 24k miles, which is bringing them in at around £1200 a month with a 5% deposit, which is obviously putting a few buyers off, and apparently slots are becoming available again. 

They will do better than that of course, well I guess no one knows any more with everything happening in the world, but you would like to think so. 

But does anyone know 'which' OPCs have slots? 

This is for a friend, but I think it is a good looking thing.....

6kgrqTBv.jpg?0220

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Malcolm E Box said:

I don't think these are selling that well.

Had a random call out of the blue today from my local OPC asking if I am interested in buying the one that they have coming in.

Difficult to say as the standard gts 4.0 is also struggling a bit with slots looking to be allocated, even though you have no idea when it will be built.

Ive have 3 calls in the last year for a gt4 and Sypder from 2 different Opcs , i think these sell ok?

• 3 months later...

I've now had my build date confirmed for August with delivery early to mid September. Its a bit later than originally expected but just glad to be getting one so overall I'm pretty happy. 

11 minutes ago, Miopyk said:

I've now had my build date confirmed for August with delivery early to mid September. Its a bit later than originally expected but just glad to be getting one so overall I'm pretty happy. 

Great news! They are a special car and I'm sure you will love it! 

I saw one of these being test driven at Porsche Wolverhampton, very nice looking car. The photos don’t do it justice it is quite striking in the metal, I’m not sure what I think of all the gold accents but I can see the appeal 👍

• Like 1

I am hearing that there are 1 or 2 about now but personally I've not seen one or for that matter driven a 4.0 yet. On the basis that my 2.0 718 was quite brilliant though my exceptions are that the new one will be even better. Hopefully in around 3 months I'll be able to confirm that 🙂

• 1 month later...

Hi all , so , I cancelled a GTS 4.0 last spring had better things to do with my cash at the time , however still wanting to get another Boxster I bagged a very neat manual RS60, having had one new in 2008 I knew what a peach they were , then maybe a 992 GTS to go with it , I have since ruled it out as they are speccing up at £120k plus , more than I wanted to tie up , then along comes the Emira , looks great , probably £85k ish , so £2k down on launch day to join the priority queue  , that’s me sorted then , hard top and soft top sports cars , but oh no , Friday morning get a call from OPC , got you that Boxster 25 you wanted , October build , need an answer now , hmmmmm , ok then I will have it , £5k down , and replicated the RS60 spec with a few other options , even requested the same build number .So will end up with two special edition Boxster , same colour scheme , 13 years apart , will make for some good pictures , and the Emira hopefully arriving spring 2022 , grab em while ya can .

• Like 3

14 hours ago, spice said:

Hi all , so , I cancelled a GTS 4.0 last spring had better things to do with my cash at the time , however still wanting to get another Boxster I bagged a very neat manual RS60, having had one new in 2008 I knew what a peach they were , then maybe a 992 GTS to go with it , I have since ruled it out as they are speccing up at £120k plus , more than I wanted to tie up , then along comes the Emira , looks great , probably £85k ish , so £2k down on launch day to join the priority queue  , that’s me sorted then , hard top and soft top sports cars , but oh no , Friday morning get a call from OPC , got you that Boxster 25 you wanted , October build , need an answer now , hmmmmm , ok then I will have it , £5k down , and replicated the RS60 spec with a few other options , even requested the same build number .So will end up with two special edition Boxster , same colour scheme , 13 years apart , will make for some good pictures , and the Emira hopefully arriving spring 2022 , grab em while ya can .

Lovely!  Looking forward to photos you lucky man!

On 7/26/2021 at 7:31 PM, spice said:

Mike Brewer's got nothing on you. ;)

3 hours ago, Miopyk said:

Good review of the B25 in Autocar. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/porsche/718-boxster/first-drives/porsche-boxster-25-years-2021-uk-review

Looking forwards to getting mine in September.

I'm not surprised Autocar liked it, as they apparently know where you can get one "from £44,758".  The Porsche configurator has the regular 718 GTS 4.0 "from £67,250".

On 7/30/2021 at 1:47 PM, Required said:

I'm not surprised Autocar liked it, as they apparently know where you can get one "from £44,758".  The Porsche configurator has the regular 718 GTS 4.0 "from £67,250".

...and in that article they say the B25 is "Price: £72,760;  Price as tested: £76,993". I assume the 44k is for a base Boxster.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...