Techno brace stabaliser bar

03slatt

Hi all, 

Ive been researching these for a little while and decided to make my own. 

Managed to fit it at the weekend and wow! What a massive difference, not only does it make the rear much more stable when cornering but it makes the car much more compliant when driving at normal speeds. 

It got me thinking, if any other forum member would like one making for them I can do this (for a price obviously) its not difficult to fit and is probably one of the best modifications I have done as well as the cheapest! 

42 minutes ago, 03slatt said:

Hi all, 

Ive been researching these for a little while and decided to make my own. 

Managed to fit it at the weekend and wow! What a massive difference, not only does it make the rear much more stable when cornering but it makes the car much more compliant when driving at normal speeds. 

It got me thinking, if any other forum member would like one making for them I can do this (for a price obviously) its not difficult to fit and is probably one of the best modifications I have done as well as the cheapest! 

I’ve just made one, but not tested yet as weather is shyate , interested to read your comments 

Interesting to hear that it made so much difference to your car. I had one fitted on my 986 and also on my Cayman. Whilst I think it is a worthwhile mod (given how cheap it is) I wouldn't say that I noticed a tangible difference either on public roads or the track. The boxster is obviously a little more bendy than the Cayman so perhaps there is more to gain on a convertible?

7 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

Interesting to hear that it made so much difference to your car. I had one fitted on my 986 and also on my Cayman. Whilst I think it is a worthwhile mod (given how cheap it is) I wouldn't say that I noticed a tangible difference either on public roads or the track. The boxster is obviously a little more bendy than the Cayman so perhaps there is more to gain on a convertible?

I think that's the reason, I find all the little rattles I got over bumps have completely gone and it just feels allot more rigid

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

I wonder also if it was more noticeable in a 986 than a 987 as newer cars are usually stiffer.

987 body shell is something like 30% stiffer than a 986.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Digidick said:

Yes pictures please and an idea on price 😎👍

Short of taking it off my car , no pics, however doing one tomorrow, so I can photo that.

Enough interest/orders, (5 or more) will do them for £50 with fittings and posted. One offs £60