981 Carnewal GT Exhaust

villaman

• 3 weeks later...

Interested what you thought of Carnewal @villaman I’ve dropped a mail to them to check availability, I think I’m very close to pulling the trigger as the additional cost to go PSE seems excessive (and a fair amount of chat on here about actuator issues from @daz05 and @Greenman) I just want  a bit more noise and a few pops and bangs!

I suspect the valves wouldn’t be much of an issue for 4-5 years if you had a PSE installed now, and I suspect it’s usage relates as some seem to have no issue.   

villaman comments on the Carnwell on this thread.

I don’t want to put words into his mouth but having chatted to him about it I get the impression it just wasn’t quite enough volume/pops etc. I think the fact that he subsequently sold his on and replaced with PSE tells the story.  Of course it’s quite popular on the 987/986 and most seem to like it.

PSE is good but a little high maintenance if you aren't using your car as often as you should but it's just worth it and we know now at least how to keep it in good order. One of the cars highlights so you can forgive it 😂

Archived