Low battery

TrevTee

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I've got what might be a similar issue. I went from a 987 to a 981 a week or two before first lockdown, so whilst it's may "daily", it's not been used very often, a trip to the supermarket once a week if its lucky (maybe 15 miles round journey). It always starts fine, never had an issue, and I don't get a low battery warning, but I have noticed the stop/start is often deactivated (who cares?) and I've now noticed a couple of times that my PCM call list (etc) gets wiped, which is an annoyance. Could this be related to the battery charge level too?

12 hours ago, Rob™ said:

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I've got what might be a similar issue. I went from a 987 to a 981 a week or two before first lockdown, so whilst it's may "daily", it's not been used very often, a trip to the supermarket once a week if its lucky (maybe 15 miles round journey). It always starts fine, never had an issue, and I don't get a low battery warning, but I have noticed the stop/start is often deactivated (who cares?) and I've now noticed a couple of times that my PCM call list (etc) gets wiped, which is an annoyance. Could this be related to the battery charge level too?

PCM call list could be just phone connection issues, my android used to show pretty a transfer over list when I got in the car i.e. it updated

I think when I changed phone (S8 to S10+) it never sorted itself out the same way so y text links for instance are over a year out of date and the PCM only updates its list with new texts received whilst I receive a new text in the car

• 2 weeks later...

After using the CTEK to recon the battery I left the car for 10 days before starting it again.  The interior lights stayed on until I started the car and there was no low battery warning on the dash, so the CTEK has definitely helped for now.

Archived