replacing mesh wind deflector with auto glass or perplex on 981

Afrikaner

12 hours ago, Little Urchin said:

Thanks Davidbf1.com,  I'm now going to order one, although I imagine the new inport duty from the EU may be a bit of a shock

Yes it could be. Am I correct in thinking you should NOT be paying the German VAT, “only” the UK VAT and possibly that to your courier - eg DHL, UPS etc? Just make sure you’ve not been invoiced twice for the VAT. There’s a better explanation on this forum somewhere.

22 hours ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Yes it could be. Am I correct in thinking you should NOT be paying the German VAT, “only” the UK VAT and possibly that to your courier - eg DHL, UPS etc? Just make sure you’ve not been invoiced twice for the VAT. There’s a better explanation on this forum somewhere.

Thanks for the heads up, I'l see what I can find on here. 

The website responded to indicate the price  was 226,05,- € (without German VAT) + 35,- € shipping and packaging to the UK.   TOTAL = 261,05 €

On 2/20/2021 at 8:16 PM, Little Urchin said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'l see what I can find on here. 

The website responded to indicate the price  was 226,05,- € (without German VAT) + 35,- € shipping and packaging to the UK.   TOTAL = 261,05 €

His Little Urchin has your arrived yet? Mine is on its way awaiting customs clearance......................

11 hours ago, Afrikaner said:

His Little Urchin has your arrived yet? Mine is on its way awaiting customs clearance......................

Initially tried paying with PayPal  which dodn't go well, thanks for nothing PayPal.  Then paid by bank transfer in the end and have been notified it is on its way, with a tracking number tp check progress. Haven't heard from DHL yet re VAT and inport tax etc.

On 3/1/2021 at 9:40 AM, Afrikaner said:

Mine arrived today, with no delays for clearance or additional costs. 

Only waiting now for the opportunity to test driv.  Although cart is kept taxed and insured all year  I've not been able to use it since last Oct due to the current situation.

38 minutes ago, Little Urchin said:

Mine arrived today, with no delays for clearance or additional costs. 

Only waiting now for the opportunity to test driv.  Although cart is kept taxed and insured all year  I've not been able to use it since last Oct due to the current situation.

Don’t you need some bread and milk? 😉

On 3/9/2021 at 11:12 AM, Broxie said:

Spoken to Lukas, he says 99% of his customers order the high one and it does offer a lot better wind noise reduction. I've gone ahead and ordered that one. Will report back.

Also my thoughts and reason for purchasing the high version. No requirements for bread and milk yet so no test drive or comments at the moment re difference to factory mesh

As I started this off I felt I had to comment. Mine arrive last week. I ordered the low version and the fit is perfect. When I lay the glass version over the top of original mesh type they are the same size.

I will try and get an image on here at some point. 

Hope this helps! Also no road test feed back as yet but hope to get out for a blast this weekend.

1 hour ago, Madlil said:

@Afrikaner I like the white Porsche lettering on your old mesh one. Where did you buy the lettering from?

thanks

The lettering is actually on the new German glass wind deflector. I copied Davidbf1.com they are brake decals. I put Silver over White (same as Davidbf1.com )

They come is packs of 3 per colour. I want to keep one set as spare but you are welcome to the other set. Don't think they will work on mesh though.

Or anyone else with glass / perplex wind deflector want a them?I can post them if I have your address. (not sure how we do that?) Newbie.............

Cheers 

8 hours ago, Madlil said:

@Afrikaner I like the white Porsche lettering on your old mesh one. Where did you buy the lettering from?

thanks

The lettering is actually on the new German glass wind deflector. I copied Davidbf1.com they are brake decals. I put Silver over White (same as Davidbf1.com )

They come is packs of 3 per colour. I want to keep one set as spare but you are welcome to the other set. Don't think they will work on mesh though.

Or anyone else with glass / perplex wind deflector want a them?I can post them if I have your address. (not sure how we do that?) Newbie.............

Cheers 

5 hours ago, Afrikaner said:

Cheers 

Ah I see - a bit of an optical illusion! Thank you for the offer but as I have mesh let another forum member with Perspex take them....

thanks

Andrew

• 2 years later...

I have the high windschott glass screen, courtesy of @drgav2005 and think it is good.

the top of the high one is just out of frame in the rear view mirror, so you can’t see it at all  in the mirror - i think the top of the low one would be in my rear view mirror and i might find it distracting..

ive just put hte car cover on, otherwise i would take a photo - the next time i am in it i will

Edit.

It is 20mm higher than oem mesh.

Photos to follow 

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 9:27 PM, Toeside said:

Just using a jigsaw (fine cut blade) with tape on the cut line. Perspex is quite forgiving if you take your time ...practice on some scraps and you will get the feel. It will plane and file very neatly also. Easy to work with just reduce the pressure 👍 It will also mill and you can use a router ......... Its a fine line between cut and melt. You will soon pick up the skill.

If you draw a fine file along the cut edge you should attain a very decent finish

A blow torch run along the edge will melt the perspex into a nice edge too. Just keep the flame moving and you will get a glassy finish.