Wales mini road trip

Gramps

Hi All. I drove up through Wales via Snowdonia National park (A470) last year with my wife in our Boxster S, top down (PSE on) and we absolutely loved it. So I'm looking at going back and doing a staycation mini road trip of Wales with my wife in June. I want to take in Portmeirion if poss but not essential. I'm looking to stay 2 nights in Wales but a 3rd if any recommendations mean an extended stay. Driving up from Kent. Anyone got any road and hotel recommendations? Cheers

If you have an iPhone Have a look at the Porsche “Roads” app.  Basically routes all over the world that are supposed to be good driving. 

has built in navigation and some descriptions of the routes.  

i have tried a couple on Kent and they were ok.  If nothing else it gives you a starting idea. 

I did something very similar - we stayed in a lovely hotel called the Harbourmaster in Aberaeron; which is a lovely fishing village near Cardigan Bay.  I'd love to go back - it was fantastic.  We drove down from Harlech and then on to St David's hotel in Cardiff (also great) through the Brecon Beacons which was pretty epic.

136730363.jpg

Highly recommend Elan Valley from the north to the visitor’s centre on way back home. Then not too far to the M4 and a fast route back to  Kent.

here’s the full trip at high speed..sorry about the shakycam and the weather

8 hours ago, Gramps said:

Cheers guys, those places look nice, might have to extend my stay 👍 I'll look that app up Paul thanks

I also meant to say if do decide to give Tynycornel a go, do enquire abour the swan room or a similar one that looks right down the lake. The owner likes his cars too.

On 2/21/2021 at 1:13 AM, Gutley said:

Highly recommend Elan Valley from the north to the visitor’s centre on way back home. Then not too far to the M4 and a fast route back to  Kent.

here’s the full trip at high speed..sorry about the shakycam and the weather

Strewth, that's some driving there Gutley! Those S models don't half shift, eh? 

😆

Archived