Coolant hose dripping again

Ninesomething

Yes Mate Lee done the lot ! He also changed rear springs , window regulator , brake fluid change , new AC pipe and re gas new top mounts and bump stops  , £1700 ish I thought it was a good price all OE parts used there’s probably something else I forgot.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/1/2021 at 3:56 PM, Def1 said:

Lee at Cotswold just replaced all mine and coolant flush about £450 but it’s done now and ready for the summer 👍

Did that price include the aluminium cross over pipes??

My understanding is that they are in excess of £200 just for the pipes.

On 3/6/2021 at 6:24 PM, Def1 said:

Sorry I misread what you asked , I had all the rubber pipes changed and coolant flush the Ali pipes on my car were ok 👌 

Ah, that makes sense then. I think a lot has to do whether the steel collars of the rubber pipes come out of the aluminium cross over pipes ok. If not then the costs escalate!

I hope they do, mines in to the garage next week to investigate a slight leak from the offside front pipe work. 

Only had the antifreeze changed before I SORN’d it too, so that’ll need a top up 

On 3/8/2021 at 7:40 PM, Simon. said:

I hope they do, mines in to the garage next week to investigate a slight leak from the offside front pipe work. 

Only had the antifreeze changed before I SORN’d it too, so that’ll need a top up 

Sometimes these leaks occur because the car has been standing unused and everything contracts.

Try using it for a bit, it might stop leaking.

These coolant pipes are a bad bit of design, an unnecessary cost when these cars get older.

3 hours ago, Glosrich said:

Sometimes these leaks occur because the car has been standing unused and everything contracts.

These coolant pipes are a bad bit of design, an unnecessary cost when these cars get older.

Saved Porsche 30 seconds on assembly though😉

Mine only leak in the summer when it’s hot (NSF). I don’t want to even look. Luckily I have already done the front to back ones.

9 hours ago, Glosrich said:

Thanks. Will get it checked, never lost a drop before so do think a hose has perished. 

On 2/22/2021 at 12:01 PM, Tony Daniel said:

There is a bleed valve for the coolant system under the engine cover on a Gen 1 987

Mines under the cover of the coolant/oil filler.Thought Gen 2 had it under the engine cover but maybe some Gen1s also.

43 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Thought Gen 2 had it under the engine cover but maybe some Gen1s also.

Yes later Gen 1 its in the engine compartment. Mine is 2008 and is there.

On 3/6/2021 at 6:24 PM, Def1 said:

Sorry I misread what you asked , I had all the rubber pipes changed and coolant flush the Ali pipes on my car were ok 👌 

Just came across my invoice £462

Supply and fit cooling pipes 2 each side 

2 balance pipes 

coolant and flush and disposal 

Hopefully I will get another 13 years of use 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

6 hours ago, Def1 said:

Just came across my invoice £462

Supply and fit cooling pipes 2 each side 

2 balance pipes 

coolant and flush and disposal 

Hopefully I will get another 13 years of use 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

It’s not a big job just time consuming,done it both ways subframe in place and lowered the subframe, the latter is a bit more work but in the long run much easier( note it only had to be lowered not removed)( in fact if you replaced the mounting bolts with studs to lower down to/with would be very straightforward)

Only had my car 2 weeks. I to have a coolant leak. Just took it Parr in Crawley. They advised that two OSF pipes had corroded and where causing a slight drip. The other side was to corroded however was dry. Sent the info to the dealer bought the car at. He's happy to go half's on the cost for the full replacement as his argument is only 2 are actually leaking and its a 15 year old car. I am a bit peeved off that his workshop didn't pick it up but the end of the day I see it as a necessity with these cars from all the research and getting it for half price its pretty much a winner in my book. Also if his workshop did pick it up they would of only replaced the two pipes in question and the other two would of need doing eventually. 

Btw Parr are charging 850 quid incl VAT for the full set changed. I think that's pretty much on par with going rate (no pun intended) 

744b9fe8-a6f2-432b-a078-fea2ea3c0dfe.jpg

9c133591-b423-49d0-88db-43b3b1d588e7.jpg

On 2/22/2021 at 2:28 PM, Menoporsche said:

I haven’t yet understood if replacement parts will do the same after 8 years or if they are improved. 

Anyone any comment?  Is this something we just mark down for the 8 year service interval?

14 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Anyone any comment?  Is this something we just mark down for the 8 year service interval?

To my eyes, they look identical. I sprayed Comma Waxseal all over mine to try and prevent moisture ingress (in 20 years time, Comma Waxseal will be all that holds my car together - every nook and cranny is doused in it)

4 hours ago, Bleedsoff said:

Only had my car 2 weeks. I to have a coolant leak. Just took it Parr in Crawley. They advised that two OSF pipes had corroded and where causing a slight drip. The other side was to corroded however was dry. Sent the info to the dealer bought the car at. He's happy to go half's on the cost for the full replacement as his argument is only 2 are actually leaking and its a 15 year old car. I am a bit peeved off that his workshop didn't pick it up but the end of the day I see it as a necessity with these cars from all the research and getting it for half price its pretty much a winner in my book. Also if his workshop did pick it up they would of only replaced the two pipes in question and the other two would of need doing eventually. 

Btw Parr are charging 850 quid incl VAT for the full set changed. I think that's pretty much on par with going rate (no pun intended) 

744b9fe8-a6f2-432b-a078-fea2ea3c0dfe.jpg

9c133591-b423-49d0-88db-43b3b1d588e7.jpg

Does that £850 include the aluminium cross over pipe change, or just the actual hoses?

Currently have the wheel arch liners out on mine, doing a bit of a suspension / wheel arch freshen up & have noticed a slight bit of crystallisation on top of the top hose, where a small amount of coolant has leaked. Don’t know whether to just monitor it or get it sorted on basis that if tackled a now it may be easier to separate the hose from the aluminium cross over pipe... Well, I can try & be optimistic can’t I?!?

33 minutes ago, Boxstercol said:

Does that £850 include the aluminium cross over pipe change, or just the actual hoses?

Currently have the wheel arch liners out on mine, doing a bit of a suspension / wheel arch freshen up & have noticed a slight bit of crystallisation on top of the top hose, where a small amount of coolant has leaked. Don’t know whether to just monitor it or get it sorted on basis that if tackled a now it may be easier to separate the hose from the aluminium cross over pipe... Well, I can try & be optimistic can’t I?!?

Mine was done a Cotswold and £462 everything done all pipes and new coolant 

1 hour ago, Boxstercol said:

Different point of view - get it sorted now while you're not really allowed to use it, and then you can use it to the max once lockdown lifts :) 

Archived