Brake Pads - recommendations?

Withy

MOT done today, advisory on brake pads (and this new daft thing where they say you have a plastic engine cover).

Any particular recommendations for brake pads? I’ve never changed them on the 981, previous 987 got Pagid from memory. Don’t do track use, just some spirited driving on occasion :)

Bargain now but I think you'll regret buying cheap pads they will probably miss a small section of the disc and cause a rust ring, create more dust, and if used in anger will crumble leaving deposits and giving you brake judder and spoiling your experience with the car.  Aftermarket pads are fine but you get what you pay for.

18 hours ago, daz05 said:

Bargain now but I think you'll regret buying cheap pads they will probably miss a small section of the disc and cause a rust ring, create more dust, and if used in anger will crumble leaving deposits and giving you brake judder and spoiling your experience with the car.  Aftermarket pads are fine but you get what you pay for.

Never thought of Brembo's as "cheap pads" - I thought that link was just a good price :)

Hi, 

I’m after rear pads and see that Brembo have been recommended here before. Just looking on the GSFcarparts website and can see two different design/types of rear pads as per screenshot below.  Are the pads at the top (£79.50) for sport brakes and the lower ones for standard brakes? C4A7EDA2-9646-42DE-9895-0C3D674CC85D.thumb.png.e343a21e6d1ff59eefa5dac7ac3a9d07.png

Also, Is there a wear sensor on both sides or just left or right rear on the 987.1 (2.7). 2005 model year.

I know best way is just to take a wheel off and have a look, but thought I’d check here first, being lazy!!

Thanks in advance.

Archived