987 rear led light wierdness

craigjam

Having a strange experience with rear LED lights and wondering if anyone has any experiences here, or I'm missing something really obvious.

I bought a pair of rear LED lights from one of the big names, the 987.2 style with the white bar across the bottom. They worked fine except the fog lamp - nothing happens with this on except a "check rear fog" error on the dash.

I'd assumed I'd been sent a LHD set - except - for a moment the fog light did work! I even took photo - the outside set of lights shines a bit brighter!

And then they stopped working again. So I raised it with the supplier, and they said no, they're definitely RHD and they should work.

So they sent me another pair - and they don't work either, and I have never been able to get the fog light to work again on either set.

Put the old lights back in, fog lights work, error disappears!

I'm really wondering what I might be missing here! If I didn't have a photo of the fog light working I'd start to wonder if I'd dreamed the whole thing...

Those lights are slightly different to the ones I had, mine didn’t have the led indicators but very similar.

It looks like that plug may squeeze together a bit tighter, I had a issue with my current ones and the plug wasn’t quite clicked in place 👍

50747565792_2755d27b48_b.jpg

Its worth a try as these aftermarket plugs can be a bit iffy 😂

Archived