Anyone selling around May/June

Jamma

Hi all - just a heads up really .I am looking to Purchase a Boxster May/June time and wanted to make anyone aware just in case they are selling soon. Bar that I will go to auto trader but enthusiasts cars tend to be a lot better

987.1   2.7  Manual.

Prefer Silver or seal Grey - ( had a black 986 and 996 before so want a change) 

Black interior

Has to be manual , would like Bose and PASM if possible. This will be a weekend car only.

Obviously I would also look at different colour cars also and diff specs.

Many thanks

12 minutes ago, Jamma said:

my old boxster and 911 . I just noticed there is a for sale section, what a donut !!

Good luck with the search.  With some Porsche ownership already under your belt you know what you are looking out for.

I have those 911 wheels on my 986 S.

3 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Good luck with the search.  With some Porsche ownership already under your belt you know what you are looking out for.

I have those 911 wheels on my 986 S.

Hi - yes GT3 mkII reps they are.

I have tried to go into the for sale area on here but it says no cars for sale is that right or haven't I access?

thanks

Yes, great rims, picked them up from someone on here at an incredible price as he wanted shot having not been able to sell at a higher price and saved on spacers and longer bolts.  Yes, they do have Porsche crest centres in them now.

All for sale is in the same section, the sub-forums don't get used.

oKFBKyl.jpg 

4 hours ago, Jamma said:

I have tried to go into the for sale area on here but it says no cars for sale is that right or haven't I access?

You need 40 posts, but if you won’t buy before June, just keep chatting here and you’ll be fine. 

1 hour ago, McDonald said:

Can I ask about spacers? I see the cosmetic value but what's the effect on handling? 

I had that 911 corner weighted the handling was sublime . Although driving at 80 mph down a lane with no hands on the wheel to test it was scarey . Took 8 hours to do it but after that was set up for fast road balanced for driver only,  it went round corners on rails . Centre of gravity I think they were called up in Stoke way .

The spacers probably don’t do too much but looks so much better . My last car an E92 M3 had them also . Looked great 

12 minutes ago, Jamma said:

I had that 911 corner weighted the handling was sublime . Although driving at 80 mph down a lane with no hands on the wheel to test it was scarey . Took 8 hours to do it but after that was set up for fast road balanced for driver only,  it went round corners on rails . Centre of gravity I think they were called up in Stoke way .

The spacers probably don’t do too much but looks so much better . My last car an E92 M3 had them also . Looked great 

Okay, so it's just cosmetic - no change in handling characteristics.

18 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

You need 40 posts, but if you won’t buy before June, just keep chatting here and you’ll be fine. 

Is it not just that the 'Cars Only' for sale sub-forum is always empty because everything's in the overall For Sale level above it? That caught me out at first. Just have to scroll down to see them.

Might be restricted from replying or posting ads or maybe PM-ing on <40 posts, but I think you can view them.

3 hours ago, minimoog said:

Is it not just that the 'Cars Only' for sale sub-forum is always empty because everything's in the overall For Sale level above it? That caught me out at first. Just have to scroll down to see them.

Might be restricted from replying or posting ads or maybe PM-ing on <40 posts, but I think you can view them.

Yes I can view I just can't post , thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jamma said:

Just to advise, I can purchase now and am constantly checking the for sale area daily

Under starters orders

5 minutes ago, seahawk said:

I am on the same boat. Hope something will appear soon. 

The race is on.

On 2/25/2021 at 9:33 PM, Menoporsche said:

On 2/25/2021 at 10:12 PM, Jamma said:

it went round corners on rails . Centre of gravity I think they were called up in Stoke way .

Centre Gravity well known and very well respected on this board.

6 minutes ago, Jamma said:

ohhhhhhhhhhh i still cant post on the for sale site as not reached 40 posts

I told you above - join in the conversations a bit more...

3 minutes ago, Jamma said:

I am after a 2.7 - 2005 model. I see there is one in for sale at moment, cheap tax and cheap insurance .

Whoever is the user, tag them in this thread (if you can't send Private Message, maybe you can). Tag by typing @ then the first few letters of their name, then select user. they get a message like @Jamma.  You can initiate conversation that way. 

I'll be selling my 2005 987.1 Boxster S this spring due to the arrival of my first child. Though the boxster is very practical for what it is, it simply can't take a pram and so I'm rarely able to drive it. I'll be gutted to see it go, and I'll be buying another one as soon as he outgrows the pram!

The spec is:

2005 boxster S with 97k miles

Black body and wheels. Generally in good condition for the age, but some small stone chips

Dark grey interior. Generally in good condition, especially the seats which don't look like they've done 97k miles!

3.2L engine which runs perfectly

FSH

Heated seats - great for british weather!

Bose soundsystem

Pioneer sph-da230dab head unit with Apple car play and Android auto which really brings the car in to the modern era and sounds great with the Bose system (factory head unit included with sale)

Happy to share more info if you're interested. I was planning to sell in May so I can have a couple of final drives in the sun before I sell 😭

Ed

20200808_164805.jpg

Archived