Approaching 8 years of ownership.....

temporarychicken

Having had the car for quite some time, I decided to recondition the Kahn wheels over the winter, and give the car a bit of a wash and brush-up. It's not only Pat that has crazy aftermarket wheels on this forum.

mfQSdCOcY9jOmOADKKJLPhOrSGHDfZFRKIjrfw_E

It came up pretty good for a 35k mile car...

5FWj1tns5RO12v9-NnLhGghoX-0CFqhK2IjGpjHi

And the wheels are nice again (a lot of work though)....

JsU9nmFCqvoxxYEU9g0PRbcJyErVZleCgZHWZ64e

As of June this year, I'll be celebrating 8 years of ownership of this car!

Well done it looks great.    

I’m just coming up to 5 years with mine. 5 years is usually about the limit for me keeping a car (I don’t think I’ve had any car for 6 years but had a few around 5 years).  No plans to change currently, I can’t really think of anything I want more (even if I had the money!)

2 hours ago, temporarychicken said:

Cheers. I agree entirely. If I sold it, what else would I get?

Maybe a new GTS 4.0 but I'd have to put another 40 grand in!!!!

Mine turned eight last October and now has 56K on the clock but it still hits the spot, and now plenty fast enough for road use😃.

The GTS 4.0  doesn't excite me enough to change and a 911 doesn't rock my boat either!

Should I return to an Evora; the new GT410 before they cease production?

😱 I've just seen the price!

I'll be keeping my beloved 981 then😃.

Good hunting👍.

• 2 weeks later...

The M2 comp is great. If the Boxster is 100 percent finesse, then the M2 Comp. is 100 percent brute force! The M Engine is very good indeed, it's brutal in a medium-wheelbase car. The Boxster straight 6 engine revs smoothly and progressively, easily featherable. The M2 Comp. S55 2xturbo engine just goes whoomph and you're off, relying on the driver aids to keep things going well. Both are great for very different reasons.

Although from a market perspective the M2 is in competition with the Cayman S/GTS, it's a very different proposition as a vehicle - the classic muscle car vs. sports car comparison.

It's nice to be able to run both at the same time and have the choice of which to use. If I had to have just one car then a Boxster 4.0 would be the ultimate choice but it's an expensive one..!

Archived