Roof Stuck :(

Withy

I'd noticed that my car was showing a fair bit of condensation the other day, so earlier today I decided to hit the open button and drop the top to air the car (as it was nice and dry).  Roof got stuck and disaster has struck.. Now won't close and shows this error.  It does go down, and back up to pretty close to being closed before is complains.  Seems that there are some microswitches which can cause this.  It's now down at the local indy for an inspection.  (I did try a battery disconnect / reconnect to reset things, but didn't help)

50983319572_751e6ecfcd_b.jpg

50982509903_9208e584db_b.jpg

I really love this car, but think maybe a change might be due as I've had a few niggles which make the overall ownership experience less than ideal (I would just get another one.. just a bit newer, and maybe with a warranty!)

52 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Did you have the engine running? Make sure system voltage is nice and high and try again?

And hopefully no blocked drains or damp carpets?

Engine wasn't running, so battery may well have been low, but the roof did go down fully and I drove to the Indy which is 25 mins away, and when I got there the same fault happened when the roof was mostly closed

Nothing damp at all, checked that at weekend - all looking very dry (but this was me fishing for why I see condensation)

I've seen this reported on another page but opposite in that it won't let the roof go down.  Seems like a coincidence after non use of them during winter, the condensation rings alarm bells for me, both drains definitely clear?

If you did have warranty it would have cost you 4 figures to sign up anyway so your only losing out if you have another big repair in the period.  Keep the faith.

Got it back today.. seems a simple PIWIS reset sorted the issue out with no parts required.  Am a bit nervous that this seems too good to be true, and it'll re-occur but Indy had roof up and down a dozen times with no issues reported.

While it was there, PIWIS noted that the Alarm sounder had gone kaput (maybe as a result of me disconnecting battery?). Anyway, glad to have it back so took it for a wee run along some twisties on the way home :)

1 hour ago, Withy said:

Got it back today.. seems a simple PIWIS reset sorted the issue out with no parts required.  Am a bit nervous that this seems too good to be true, and it'll re-occur but Indy had roof up and down a dozen times with no issues reported.

While it was there, PIWIS noted that the Alarm sounder had gone kaput (maybe as a result of me disconnecting battery?). Anyway, glad to have it back so took it for a wee run along some twisties on the way home :)

Great news! Is alarm siren original?

Archived