has anyone swapped out one or all two of the gauges to red? are they readable during the day

robporsche

as per title,  has anyone done this, or have they spec'd them from porsche and found in summer they are hard to read.   been reading lots of conflicting stories from people mainly on US forums where they say they wish they had spec'd white dials as red are too hard to read in sunlight.

thanks

1 hour ago, robporsche said:

as per title,  has anyone done this, or have they spec'd them from porsche and found in summer they are hard to read.   been reading lots of conflicting stories from people mainly on US forums where they say they wish they had spec'd white dials as red are too hard to read in sunlight.

thanks

Due to the lack of extremely sunny days here in the UK I think you’d probably find them no problems. Although I’m not speaking from experience but just considering the difference in weather that our friends over the pond might be driving in. I think they look cool mind 👍😎

I had the central one in my GTS in red (as part of the GTS interior pack).......no problem at all.........its worth noting that if you “specced” the coloured dials both the left and centre where coloured but as the right is LED it obviously cannot be coloured and I always thought that odd as the 3 dials did not match, whereas just the central dial retained a sort of balance as the two side where effectively black.......you could only get that symmetry with a GTS option pack unless you fitted it aftermarket which some have done.....a bit an*l but one of those small points about the GTS options that people did not realise 🤫

16 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

I had the central one in my GTS in red (as part of the GTS interior pack).......no problem at all.........its worth noting that if you “specced” the coloured dials both the left and centre where coloured but as the right is LED it obviously cannot be coloured and I always thought that odd as the 3 dials did not match, whereas just the central dial retained a sort of balance as the two side where effectively black.......you could only get that symmetry with a GTS option pack unless you fitted it aftermarket which some have done.....a bit an*l but one of those small points about the GTS options that people did not realise 🤫

good point and im with you when ive seen the pictures something about the right dial not being the same colour has always made me think it looks not right.   Central dial I think it would look good, and match the red seat belts aswell.  

On 2/27/2021 at 8:43 PM, Toeside said:

Never had an issue reading the red clocks on the dash in the "Black Pearl" I have heard the red dash board can have an reflective effect but not red dials.  

was worried about that with mine but its fine

3 hours ago, T24RES said:

I fitted a red tacho face, I like it.

How was the install, been trying to source some YouTube how tos which I've found. Seems the needle is the main issue.  I've just ordered the chrono and the tacho gauge.

21 hours ago, robporsche said:

How was the install, been trying to source some YouTube how tos which I've found. Seems the needle is the main issue.  I've just ordered the chrono and the tacho gauge.

Straight forward, like anything that you are going to look closely at for hours to come. Patience and preparation, protection of those fine surfaces.

Archived