Ducktail spoiler on the 918? is it just a straight swap

robporsche

im full of questions this morning,  decent bit of sun and having seen someone with spyder recently i loved the rear spoiler on it.  Im assuming its just a straight swap over for a ducktail spolier,  is it just a case of unbolting one and bolting on the other?

8 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

You have a 918??

typo, :(  was on my phone.   I meant 981 , but have spoken to some guys on the USA forum that have said its possible and very easy to do

cant seem to edit the title,  probably why its not getting any replies, or people dont like the ducktail on the 918

18 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Think the Spyder one fits Rob with a little bit of modification. I like it too but think the car needs to be lower to pull it off.

yeah someone mentioned on the US forums that there is some height adjustment that can be done to help it fit.   hmmmmm decisions love the look and wanted it from start.   l

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

@Patt look familiar? 
it was up on eBay by the owner last week for £35k or so, dealer must have bought it 

14 hours ago, tcornet said:

@Patt look familiar? 
it was up on eBay by the owner last week for £35k or so, dealer must have bought it 

Oh yeah I saw it advertised the other week. It's crying out for an x73 retrofit to finish the job. 

1 hour ago, daz05 said:

Oh yeah I saw it advertised the other week. It's crying out for an x73 retrofit to finish the job. 

And some carbon bucket seats, so another £7-£8K and it will be right 😀.

What is the kit that is fitted to this? I thought it was Spyder parts but ad says Darwin Pro, think I would have been happier using Porsche parts the money that has been spent on this car.

2 hours ago, daz05 said:

I spoke to the seller about it, but after speaking to Patt decided against it and he claimed he had a queue of buyers lined up. Not sure you’d sell it to a dealer if you have a queue but up to him 

18 hours ago, tcornet said:

@Patt look familiar? 

LOL - still not correct spec listed, but better pictures.

Number plate now appears on DVLA too.

Archived