Bonnet badge

Patrick1964

They are expensive even from Porsche.  I did manage to source a second hand one better than mine which has started to lose some of gold finish but far from perfect and that was £40.  Don't forget to get two new nuts if you replace it as these are wax filled to prevent water ingress through the fixing holes and the old black mounts go hard and shrink a bit so the badge doesn't sit quite right so worth getting a new one of those too.

I bought one in the past from an OPC.  It might have been £70 or thereabouts, came with a new rubber mount and two new fixing nuts in the packet, looked very shiny compared to the badge it replaced (which I kept of course)...

21 hours ago, rowbos said:

I bought one in the past from an OPC.  It might have been £70 or thereabouts, came with a new rubber mount and two new fixing nuts in the packet, looked very shiny compared to the badge it replaced (which I kept of course)...

I can live with this. Emailed Chester OPC today but no reply yet.

I didn’t get a breakdown of costs, but my local OPC has quoted me £166 for a new bonnet crest and boot boxster s badge....

Wow. 

That’s for me to fit too...£305 if I’d like them to fit them both. 

3 minutes ago, Propofol said:

I didn’t get a breakdown of costs, but my local OPC has quoted me £166 for a new bonnet crest and boot boxster s badge....

Wow. 

That’s for me to fit too...£305 if I’d like them to fit them both. 

I did enquire about a new Boxster badge for mine, unpainted, supply only was about £90 or so as I recall...🤔

36 minutes ago, the baron said:

There one for sale in the classifieds for £40 looks in great condition

Think that one has gone.  It is fixed to my bonnet, unless he's found a second one on that car...

Bought a used badge of eBay for £48. 

My current badge is stuck on as the person who resprayed the bonnet before had broken the fixings....

it’s going in for a respray so it had to be done.

looks in ok condition. A lot for sale at £48 if people are looking. 

Replacement badge arrived from eBay. 

Arrived complete with gasket but no fixing nuts. 

a quick wash with some handwash and it’s in pretty good nick. 

not bad for £48. 

Archived