Out of the mouths of babes

McDonald

Driving slowly through a housing estate, roof down in the sunshine, a little girl aged 6 or 7 called out to her mum, 'That's a cool car.'  Her mum laughed and agreed.

If I'd been driving a Cayman, I wouldn't have heard her. Who wants a hardtop? Not me.

1 hour ago, McDonald said:

Driving slowly through a housing estate, roof down in the sunshine, a little girl aged 6 or 7 called out to her mum, 'That's a cool car.'  Her mum laughed and agreed.

If I'd been driving a Cayman, I wouldn't have heard her. Who wants a hardtop? Not me.

If you'd been driving a cayman, grown women would be complementing your car instead of little girls 😉

I posted this along time ago, was at some traffic lights In Sheffield,this young woman said “what a lovely day for a lovely car” taken aback a little, stuck for a response I said “thank you,and you don’t sweat much for a fat lass!! “

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

I posted this along time ago, was at some traffic lights In Sheffield,this young woman said “what a lovely day for a lovely car” taken aback a little, stuck for a response I said “thank you,and you don’t sweat much for a fat lass!! “

Do you have much contact with ladies?  🤣

One of my brothers owned a 1957 Bentley S1 Fastback - a truly beautiful car. Heading towards Richmond Park we passed a young black guy walking with a ghetto blaster. Catching sight of the car he stopped in his tracks, pointed at it and declared, 'Hey, he's a high roller.' 

A funny & memorable moment.

2 minutes ago, McDonald said:

One of my brothers owned a 1957 Bentley S1 Fastback - a truly beautiful car. Heading towards Richmond Park we passed a young black guy walking with a ghetto blaster. Catching sight of the car he stopped in his tracks, pointed at it and declared, 'Hey, he's a high roller.' 

Brilliant 😄

4 hours ago, McDonald said:

I lived in Richmond by the park for 3 years, it's a fancy area.  That must have been a classic.

1 minute ago, Menoporsche said:

I lived in Richmond by the park for 3 years, it's a fancy area.  That must have been a classic.

For five or six years my brother lived in the Harrods Furniture Depository in Barnes, so a jaunt to Richmond Park was a regular outing for the car. On another occasion Richard Hammond pulled up beside him on a motorbike. He congratulated my brother on his fine car. When the lights changed he waved the car forward with a flourish saying, 'Please, after you.' 

j9Jykvc.jpg

Archived