Memory Seat/Lumbar/Extended Thigh Rest Failure

spook

Hello everyone. I have a 2012 Boxster S with 14-way memory driver's seat. I recently changed the battery, which finally gave up the ghost in winter storage. I gave the car its first run of the year yesterday and noticed that the driver's seat electric lumbar support wasn't working. Further investigation revealed that the electric extended thigh support didn't work either, although the main fore/aft, backrest recline and up/down/tilt functions of the seat still worked. I then became aware that the memory function was disabled - no red light when I pressed the "set" button. Passenger side non-memory seat has full functionality.

As I was pretty sure that the memory function had gone into failsafe mode, I tried the recommended seat memory reset procedure (seat fully fore/aft, fully up/down, holding switch for 2 seconds etc.) but no joy. Disconnected/reconnected the battery again but it made no difference. I'm left wondering whether the battery swap has somehow screwed up the lumbar and thigh support settings and caused the failsafe of the memory function, but I'm a bit bemused as no other car functions appear to be affected. Has anyone else experienced this issue and can help me with a fix to save me from the clutches of the local main stealer?

Thanks in anticipation for all and any constructive advice!

S

probably needs a run through a diagnostic scanner to reset everything. heated seats stop working a lot on Porsches, when the battery dies or is swapped. I would contact a freindly independant and bung him a tenner. 

49 minutes ago, spook said:

Thanks for all the replies so far. Anyone in the Lancashire area with PIWIS who might be able to assist?

You could give Russ a ring at Revolution near Leeds, they are very helpful and could be a nice run out after march 29th.

Unique in Bolton have been helpful to me, as has Cath Burrows in Wigan, but not sure she's still open (didn't seem to be at the end of last year, but understood that might have been temporary)

Archived