Window Regulator

Bobleponge

Morning all,

Can anyone recommend a window regulator that they've fitted and it works?

It's for a 986 from 2003.

I bought one recently for £60 and it didnt fit, which wasn't brilliant.

Personal recommendations always worth their weight in gold.

Many thanks in advance

Bob.

12 minutes ago, Bobleponge said:

Morning all,

Can anyone recommend a window regulator that they've fitted and it works?

It's for a 986 from 2003.

I bought one recently for £60 and it didnt fit, which wasn't brilliant.

Personal recommendations always worth their weight in gold.

Many thanks in advance

Bob.

Hi Bob, don't wish to rub salt in the wound but I paid far more than that for a window regulator I assume you are talking about the lifting mechanism ? You could try Porscheshop online they are in the region of £140+ I think that is where I got mine from. when you say your's didn't fit can you explain why? it may help.

Pete

4 minutes ago, petemac said:

Hi Bob, don't wish to rub salt in the wound but I paid far more than that for a window regulator I assume you are talking about the lifting mechanism ? You could try Porscheshop online they are in the region of £140+ I think that is where I got mine from. when you say your's didn't fit can you explain why? it may help.

Pete

Bob another place to try is: Ramus Porscha   Tel.... 0121553 2140  they are in the Midland but I have bought parts from them also. Give them a ring it's worth a try.

I bought a salvage one from Steve Strange (Douglas Valley Breakers) for about £40 on the basis I could fit 3 that I know fit(and more tot eh point for either side of the car) before shelling out the same as a new one from Porsche and avoid the cheap imitation issue.  Just check and lubricate the cables and pivot points before installing .  A bit risky but still OE parts and no concern fitting the extra stop point to allow the window drop.

10 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

I bought a salvage one from Steve Strange (Douglas Valley Breakers) for about £40 on the basis I could fit 3 that I know fit(and more tot eh point for either side of the car) before shelling out the same as a new one from Porsche and avoid the cheap imitation issue.  Just check and lubricate the cables and pivot points before installing .  A bit risky but still OE parts and no concern fitting the extra stop point to allow the window drop.

I have also got parts from Douglas valley Breakers good stuff at very good prices I would suggest taking the old one (if you have it so you can compare it)

Many thanks all for the replies. I used Steve Strange a lot when I crashed the car but I thought I'd buy a new regulator as they do often go wrong.

I actually live in France and I have a 3.2s, this is for a mate who lives in London.

I shall forward all the answers to him, really appreciated.

Cheers

Bob

Archived