Classifieds posting?

Afrikaner

I had a look at section parts for sale and see back in 2010 you had to have a history of 40 posts before you could list parts for sale.

Does this still stand?New to forum.....................

9 hours ago, Afrikaner said:

I had a look at section parts for sale and see back in 2010 you had to have a history of 40 posts before you could list parts for sale.

Does this still stand?New to forum.....................

Can I take it from lack of replies it no longer applies? Or am I missing something? 

2 hours ago, Afrikaner said:

Can I take it from lack of replies it no longer applies? Or am I missing something? 

No, i think you'll find it still applies unless @Araf steps in.

• Araf changed the title to Classifieds posting?

Nice try.  Yes, it still applies.

I bend the rules for those who have been here for over a year.

25 minutes ago, Araf said:

Nice try.  Yes, it still applies.

I bend the rules for those who have been here for over a year.

Not sure if I want to play this game..................

On 3/3/2021 at 10:05 PM, Afrikaner said:

Not sure if I want to play this game..................

I read a lot of internet forums, I think these kind of rules are good on smaller forums to avoid a huge amount of spam. Until Moneysavingexpert was properly moderated, you could log in the morning to hundreds of spam posts to wade through.

On TZ UK, you can't even look at the sales forum until you've made 50 posts and plenty of the members jump on you if your early posts are just clicks to get the number up.

Stick with it or use Ebay in the meantime.

57 minutes ago, Broxie said:

I read a lot of internet forums, I think these kind of rules are good on smaller forums to avoid a huge amount of spam. Until Moneysavingexpert was properly moderated, you could log in the morning to hundreds of spam posts to wade through.

On TZ UK, you can't even look at the sales forum until you've made 50 posts and plenty of the members jump on you if your early posts are just clicks to get the number up.

Stick with it or use Ebay in the meantime.

On a very well run Motorcycle forum popular amongst your adventure rider of a German make you pay a yearly fee of £10 to place for sale adds and view the for sale section. I haven’t owned an adventure bike for years but still remain a paid up subscriber as they also have a for sale section for non bike related items. As the site has a huge following and quite a view with disposable income so to speak I’ve bought and sold over the years justifying the small fee ten fold 👍

Good point Ringmaster, we have all become accustomed to the "everything free" model. This site is very good in that it doesn't blitz you with pop up ads. TZ UK on the other hand. And I used to contribute to the Honest John forum but the pop ups and very old fashioned layout together with a handful of very opinionated regulars meant I didn't bother going back.

Perhaps I may, just this once, not going to get into a habit of it, make a sensible suggestion?

Anyone becoming a site contributor has access to the for sale section, no matter their post count. This means a newbie can choose to pay to get earlier access if they desire.

17 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Perhaps I may, just this once, not going to get into a habit of it, make a sensible suggestion?

Anyone becoming a site contributor has access to the for sale section, no matter their post count. This means a newbie can choose to pay to get earlier access if they desire.

That sounds eminently sensible. A commercial proposition.

5 minutes ago, McDonald said:

That sounds eminently sensible. A commercial proposition.

Just had the covid jab, fecker has made me all sensible, I'm thinking of decorating the loo.

4 hours ago, Scubaregs said:

Just had the covid jab, fecker has made me all sensible, I'm thinking of decorating the loo.

I'm guessing some sort of deep fried pebble-dashed concoction :laugh:

4 hours ago, Scubaregs said:

So the scaremongers were right all along. It's mind control. Bill gates is making you do it! 

47 minutes ago, Broxie said:

He knew all about covid 5 years before it became fashionable!

A far-sighted man. Sadly, we won't be ready for the next one either. Western governments are so concerned with what happens between now & the next election that long-term strategies are beyond them. Short-termism is rife in Public Health, Business and almost everything else. Each new event comes as a shock. The word, 'unprecedented' is in the news ad nauseam.

On 3/6/2021 at 12:50 PM, Ringmaster999 said:

On a very well run Motorcycle forum popular amongst your adventure rider of a German make you pay a yearly fee of £10 to place for sale adds and view the for sale section. I haven’t owned an adventure bike for years but still remain a paid up subscriber as they also have a for sale section for non bike related items. As the site has a huge following and quite a view with disposable income so to speak I’ve bought and sold over the years justifying the small fee ten fold 👍

Ah, I thought I recognised your moniker! It is a well run forum and good value for £12/yr (do you get a discount? 😀). A few people are only there to buy and sell it seems but nobody seems to mind much as the stuff they sell is usually good quality and all the guys are trustworthy 99.9% of the time. I've been that forum for about 15yrs! Bloody hell!  Mind you I first joined on here in 2003 then 'rested' for a while. I wonder how long I'll be a 'Newbie' for? 😀

3 minutes ago, daveg said:

Ah, I thought I recognised your moniker! It is a well run forum and good value for £12/yr (do you get a discount? 😀). A few people are only there to buy and sell it seems but nobody seems to mind much as the stuff they sell is usually good quality and all the guys are trustworthy 99.9% of the time. I've been that forum for about 15yrs! Bloody hell!  Mind you I first joined on here in 2003 then 'rested' for a while. I wonder how long I'll be a 'Newbie' for? 😀

Yes I first joined in 2007 when I bought my GSA which like usual I sold after a couple of years but remain a member because of what you mentioned. No discount 😂😂 but for the small fee of £12 is it I find that great value for the forum and the quality for sales section. I’ve bought and sold loads over the years and like you say never a problem and always spot on 👍

Can I just say thanks to all of you that replied and offered ways for me to play the game.

I now understand the rules and apologise for my comment. 

Can I still play? 

20 minutes ago, Afrikaner said:

Can I just say thanks to all of you that replied and offered ways for me to play the game.

Can I still play? 

No.

:lol:

6 hours ago, Afrikaner said:

Can I still play? 

Nicely.

Until you've got about another 30 posts, then you can become as abusive as the rest of us.

Boxster is optional, (dodgy) sense of humour is mandatory.

Archived