Revolution Exhaust Bypass

roofer84

4 minutes ago, roofer84 said:

Has anybody had the Revolution exhaust bypass done on their car and if so what are your thoughts on it, Im looking at getting mine done but fishing for information first.

Hi Mate, the bypass mod is quite common, I had mine done by a different Indy, but I've found a few of these for you :) it's worth every pound.

and here is mine - not done by revolution but same idea etc - it's money well spent

2 hours ago, Sanky said:

Think to have the bypass done will depend on the condition of the original exhaust, think of lot these back boxes will coming to the end of life.

thats where im at - i went to my local exhaust guys - i know them well. they wont touch it - said its barely not blowing and the seams will go any min. i think im gonna have to have them build me a new back box at some stage in the summer. 

Just now, K.I.T.T. said:

@Terryg, didn't you manage to get something done to futureproof the seams?

Yes but you need a skilled welder with big balls, the guy I got fabricated SS tanks mixers etc., for the food industry

Had it done on mine a while back and decided on it instead of Carnewal as my car / exhaust had done under 30k miles and meant I could go there same day & back without too much driving / travel to another country in lockdown.

After it cooled down enough they were finished in less than half a day, and you can't see a trace of any work from the back / underneath, and definitely no drone - which was something I was keen not to have.

Hard to say though if it really is as good / better as some of those clips (i.e. mine is a 987.2 and I think their mods are different for the 987.1 and possibly louder?), and also clips of no Revolution ones as I think you really need to get the cars side by side to tell, and been in lockdown / no meets since mine was done to be able to compare.

Will say though that once over about 4k revs, it definitely sounds much better than standard / before the mod - how much better though, tricky to tell until I get to compare.

I had my 986 facelift 3.2s done at revolution , can't fault them, sounds really nice just right , I de snorkelled mine and put in k& n filter , best money I've spent , you won't regret it and  it doesn't drone 

On 3/4/2021 at 7:09 PM, Southy said:

This is my car.

Cheers, Baggers.

I spied this on their website and was really tempted to look at it in the future once i get the urge for a new sound as im just getting used to the stock system. 

Would deffo love to meet up with come fellow owners who have had this done to compare against. :) 

On 3/5/2021 at 5:55 PM, Babaa said:

Had it done on mine a while back and decided on it instead of Carnewal as my car / exhaust had done under 30k miles and meant I could go there same day & back without too much driving / travel to another country in lockdown.

After it cooled down enough they were finished in less than half a day, and you can't see a trace of any work from the back / underneath, and definitely no drone - which was something I was keen not to have.

Hard to say though if it really is as good / better as some of those clips (i.e. mine is a 987.2 and I think their mods are different for the 987.1 and possibly louder?), and also clips of no Revolution ones as I think you really need to get the cars side by side to tell, and been in lockdown / no meets since mine was done to be able to compare.

Will say though that once over about 4k revs, it definitely sounds much better than standard / before the mod - how much better though, tricky to tell until I get to compare.

Meeting up might be a little while off yet, but did get round to recording a quick clip from my 987.2 S install. Car was already warmed up from a drive (so background noise is the cooling fans), so not a cold start but a couple of quick revs to just under 4k, then a bit beyond.

And yes, I know I need to have the drive de-weeded 😄.

• 6 months later...
On 3/5/2021 at 5:55 PM, Babaa said:

Updated - took a while with COVID to get to another meet, but have eventually managed to hear my Revolution exhaust work compared to a Carnewal so wanted to give an update for others maybe choosing between.

Only got to hear start up really a few quick blips, but was enough to pick up the the Carnewal mod sounded throatier / bit deeper than my Revolution one.

From what I've read perhaps your existing exhaust plays a part in how well many of the exhaust modifications sound, so maybe 2 other people with the same mods maybe the Revolution one might sound throatier - but from the one I've been able to compare to so far, I prefer the Carnewal sound 😞

Still though I'm happy with what I have and it is definitely a step up from standard and I've already been enjoying it for a year, but with the costs not too dissimilar, I think I'd opt for Carnewal if I had my time again.