Door card removal

Tycho

I have been checking on door card removal to fix a widow problem.  All the info on line refers to one of the screws being behind the airbag trims.  As my MY98 2.5 does not have side airbags, have I got one less thing to undo or this there another one in place of these.

Thanks

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 6:32 PM, the baron said:

I’m not sure there are less screws, I’ve taken my door card off many times, it’s really not difficult, just follow one of the many youtube videos 

What did you use to re-fix the moisture membrane?

No, it’s not too low & rattling, it is too high & catches the roof trim on opening & closing.  It is still dropping when the handles are pulled so the micro switches are working. 

I read up on the How to Section on the forum then came across a YouTube video where the driver’s problem seemed to be exactly the same as mine.  The suggested fix used a zip tie to take up the slack the in the window regulator cable caused by the bottom grommet deteriorating.

I plan to try this shortly as a first step but wanted to be sure I could refit the membrane properly.

• 1 month later...