981 Ducktail Installation

daz05

7 minutes ago, robporsche said:

so about £120 on top of the purchase price and it comes painted though (based on 5% duty which ive just made up in my head).   

I looked into a ducktail spoiler a few weeks back, i couldn't find any UK suppliers strangely enough, 911 design had one for a caymen but they are useless when i spoke to them, they said he isnt one for a boxster :(

just seen its 2.5% so looks like £114.75 for vat and duty

5 hours ago, robporsche said:

just seen its 2.5% so looks like £114.75 for vat and duty

Probably worth asking Porsche direct and getting it painted. Painting is about £175 at a reputable place and the part I think must be around the £500 mark. Quite rare so should be possible to sell on when you're done.

Edited by daz05
  • Like 1

Just now, villaman said:

The Deeign911 one you found...are they not compatible?

they told me no its only caymen,  ive also called them and they are clueless when you call them even though it shows boxster the guy on the phone said probably a error ,  they are local to me so would be handy if it did

14 hours ago, daz05 said:

Should be compatible the only difference is the height they rise up to.

interesting when i get some time i will look into further,  I mean they look the same i didn't know if the caymen was just slightly different on the rear end shape 

7 hours ago, robporsche said:

Yes just seen the carbon variant. 

This one states it is compatible with both Boxster and Cayman?? 

3 hours ago, villaman said:

Yes just seen the carbon variant. 

This one states it is compatible with both Boxster and Cayman?? 

What I don't understand is why one is compatible to both variants of the 981 and the fibre model is just for the caymen. 

37 minutes ago, robporsche said:

What I don't understand is why one is compatible to both variants of the 981 and the fibre model is just for the caymen. 

I think they must both be...I can't see why that wouldn't be the case.

9 hours ago, daz05 said:

Nice one Lofi, your parts guy may be able to get 10% off those rates but don't think about the cost upfront it's easy to remove and sell on when you are done. 

Love the look. Other bits ahead of this on the list though

I’m also waiting on a price back from my local dealer in euro.....

I saw another cayman owner fitting one and didn’t realise the spoiler was so much higher on that model.wonder if the riser would be worth getting or maybe get extensions made up.must look at Dazs vid again to see why we need the two fitting pieces...

Edited by zagamuffin
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 4/6/2021 at 6:41 PM, zagamuffin said:

I’m also waiting on a price back from my local dealer in euro.....

I saw another cayman owner fitting one and didn’t realise the spoiler was so much higher on that model.wonder if the riser would be worth getting or maybe get extensions made up.must look at Dazs vid again to see why we need the two fitting pieces...

On 3/30/2021 at 11:47 PM, robporsche said:

What you guys have been looking at is fit for the Cayman, which is why Design911 are telling you it won’t fit.  You need to be ordering the same as for the Spyder.  With the 2 adaptors it fits perfectly.  I’ve ordered the Spyder version from them in primer and it’s perfect for my GTS.

17 hours ago, Mr Bond said:

What you guys have been looking at is fit for the Cayman, which is why Design911 are telling you it won’t fit.  You need to be ordering the same as for the Spyder.  With the 2 adaptors it fits perfectly.  I’ve ordered the Spyder version from them in primer and it’s perfect for my GTS.

Its cheaper from Porsche,  I was quoted its about £560 for it.   Do you need the brackets on the GTS or is it just a straight swap

Absolutely love this, was tempted to get a Spyder but I just can't deal with the impracticality of the roof, then I looked for something else and there just isn't another car that has the practicality of the 981 with that engine. It really is the best sportscar, bar none. So it looks like I'll continue modding mine.

By the way Daz, the roll over hoop you sent me went on fine. Never got back to you to say thanks then Covid happened .., argghhhh 

On 3/29/2021 at 12:37 PM, robporsche said:

so about £120 on top of the purchase price and it comes painted though (based on 5% duty which ive just made up in my head).   

I looked into a ducktail spoiler a few weeks back, i couldn't find any UK suppliers strangely enough, 911 design had one for a caymen but they are useless when i spoke to them, they said he isnt one for a boxster :(

There is… get the one for the Spyder + brackets.

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2021 at 11:00 AM, lofi said:

98150464301 - £30.19 + VAT

98150464401 - £30.19 + VAT

98150430901 - £460.61 + VAT

@daz05  @lofi @Lonewolfgjp Just about to send mine off to be painted, spoiler and brackets came without bolts.

Does anybody have the part number for the four 6mm bolts?

Edit:- After going through 221 pages of Spyder parts pages I have found them.  N 910 967 03 which are 6mm x 16mm long torx. 

Edited by Tony Daniel
Found the part number