Genetian for @Johnsyn

Stuart21UK

Thanks Stuart! @Stuart21UK I have to say I think the car looks stunning! Counting down the days but have got a bit worried as a number of people who ordered caysters with the 4.0 engine have had their order cancelled and offered a built slot in July/August for delivery in September or later. The cause of this is both the requirement to change circa 1000 engines worldwide on 4.0 cars, and the shortage of computer chips. I've been in touch with the OPC who have said my car is still shown as being built, now on 1 June, and they as they have already had one cancellation, for a 25 Anniversary Boxster so they think mine should be ok. First World problems eh!

Just now, JohnSyn said:

Thanks Stuart! @Stuart21UK I have to say I think the car looks stunning! Counting down the days but have got a bit worried as a number of people who ordered caysters with the 4.0 engine have had their order cancelled and offered a built slot in July/August for delivery in September or later. The cause of this is both the requirement to change circa 1000 engines worldwide on 4.0 cars, and the shortage of computer chips. I've been in touch with the OPC who have said my car is still shown as being built, now on 1 June, and they as they have already had one cancellation, for a 25 Anniversary Boxster so they think mine should be ok. First World problems eh!

fingers crossed John!

21 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I haven’t seen the 718 Spyder in the wild but I saw a black 718 GT4 and what a mean looking it was! The front and rear bumpers are epic on these cars, I don’t think John will be disappointed 😎

Yes they do look rather mean don't they!

Just seen a blue GT4 in the wild, he was behind me down this country lane until I let him passed😉😂

No he flew past as soon as there was some room! It looked stunning but surprised me how tame the exhaust note was as he went passed. I was doing 70 with the roof down when he came passed and expected some epic howl as it came passed but no?

Maybe he hadn’t got the exhaust turned on, my new car has only got the standard exhaust so the noise wasn’t blocked by mine. I will be booking mine in ASAP for the PSE, drives beautifully just needs to be a bit more vocal 😎

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/25/2021 at 4:02 PM, JohnSyn said:

Do you know any more about the issue requiring 1000 engines being changed on 4.0 cars?

1 hour ago, AndyI1 said:

Do you know any more about the issue requiring 1000 engines being changed on 4.0 cars?

OK........I've seen the post about it now!

• 3 weeks later...

@JohnSyn I’ve been drooling all over this since last night.  Stunning 🤩 

https://www.adgsevenoaks.co.uk/used/cars/porsche/718/4-0-spyder-s-s-2dr-432

1 hour ago, EagleStar said:

That is rather nice, would have really set it off if it had the Yellow PCCB callipers 

2 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

That is rather nice, would have really set it off if it had the Yellow PCCB callipers 

100%, although I’m not totally sure about carbon ceramics unless you are tracking it all the time.

8 hours ago, EagleStar said:

The car does look great in that colour doesn't it! My GT4 is now to be built a little later but hopefully I should be in it by early July! Cannot wait! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

I prefer, for this colour, the optional black callipers. But does look good Gary!

8 hours ago, EagleStar said:

red interior mis-matches IMHO, would be better in gray or yellow stiching

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

red interior mis-matches IMHO, would be better in gray or yellow stiching

Agreed, or blue,  but hey it's got coat hooks on the seat backs, the're epic, that defo makes up for it 😁