Probably nothing, but thought I’d check for knowledge on here!

smartin

After I put the car away last night, I noticed a small area of the drive was damp. From the position, it wasn’t from the middle of the car, more at the drivers door side. Looking at the drivers door I could see liquid halfway down the door and halfway back from the leading edge that was dripping down. No evidence of any liquid from frontal area of car/radiator area. Is there any other part that might have failed that is ahead of the doors that would get liquid on a small part of the door and nowhere else?

The other alternative is some local wildlife decided to wash part of my car! There is a ginger Tom across the road that likes to spray neighbours cars but his MO is usually the front or rear bumpers. Maybe he’s got some competition!

6 minutes ago, smartin said:

After I put the car away last night, I noticed a small area of the drive was damp. From the position, it wasn’t from the middle of the car, more at the drivers door side. Looking at the drivers door I could see liquid halfway down the door and halfway back from the leading edge that was dripping down. No evidence of any liquid from frontal area of car/radiator area. Is there any other part that might have failed that is ahead of the doors that would get liquid on a small part of the door and nowhere else?

The other alternative is some local wildlife decided to wash part of my car! There is a ginger Tom across the road that likes to spray neighbours cars but his MO is usually the front or rear bumpers. Maybe he’s got some competition!

If you put a piece of white kitchen roll on it, does it have any colour to it ? 

Copied from the Cayman 981 user manual:

"Depending on the outside temperature and humidity, condensation can drip from the evaporator and form a pool under the vehicle. This is normal and not a sign of leakage".

Dunno if that helps, but might be worth checking anyway.

Thanks for all the responses so far.

Car hasn't seen any rain for weeks. The liquid was on the door, so don't think it is coming from any drains - plus it hasn't rained (whilst the car has been outside) for several weeks down here in the South East.

I did wipe some of it off the door but didn't notice any colour/odour at the time.

13 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Halfway down the door? Does sound like wildlife.

Yep. That's what I'm hoping it is, anyway!

I'll keep an eye out for warning messages, other damp patches over the coming days when I next use the car. There were no obvious signs of moisture anywhere else, but it was dark at the time 🙂

I'm not the most observant person so might have missed something! A couple of years ago the car was nudged whilst in a hospital car park but I didn't notice when I got back and drove off. Ten minutes into the journey home, the low collant warning light came up so pulled over and noticed fluid pouring out of the front corner. It was only whilst waiting for the recovery truck to turn up that I noticed the new scuff marks on the bumper in that same area. And that was in bright sunlight 🙄

24 minutes ago, robporsche said:

If it looks like p*ss, tastes like p*ss, I going to go with p*ss.    I think male cats spray dont they?

Remind me again why I dislike animals (especially cats!)? 🤮

You won't be sitting next to Mr997 at the next Boxster Munch / Caffeine & Machine then 🤣 he keeps threatening to pick me up in his Cat's protection van on Saturday nights - luckily last Saturday he turned up in the 997 so as not to embarrass me in front of the neighbours.

Just now, rowbos said:

Why, does he smell like cat?  😬

I'll let you sniff him at the next meet if you're a good boy 😉

• Thanks 1

Didn’t use the car yesterday but did this evening. Nothing obvious temp wise, all looks normal and no further dampness near the car whilst it has been in the garage for the last 48 hours or so.

I’m going with something four legged and furry relieved itself on my drivers door. Apart form the huge bird poop that landed on it whilst I was in the gym, all looks fine! About time it had a wash (other than cat wee 😄), anyway; probably been 4 weeks since it’s last bath 😮