Ianmcq

Ian mcq

Tends to be done as part of a clutch change , as in ,whilst you are in there. Anyway not saying they don’t go, you probably have more chance winning the lottery, than have one fail.

As Bally says, ims would usually be done (IF necessary) as part of a clutch and flywheel change. The latter 2, together with RMS will cost around £1500. IMS would be extra. But, what year's the car? It may have more recent, less risky bearing ( from around 06). Have a search on here and you'll find threads with details e.g. VIN/engine no's.

Thanks for the boater comment couldn’t correct after I sent.

the BOXTER in question is 03 plate going to get it next weekend ,no record I can see that it has been carried out,

test drove today and clutch feels good at pedal but will need bearing done I think

I realise it’s false economy not to do clutch,rough guide on new clutch plate please thanks

guys hope my spelling is correct now.

On 5/1/2021 at 2:29 PM, bally4563 said:

Tends to be done as part of a clutch change , as in ,whilst you are in there. Anyway not saying they don’t go, you probably have more chance winning the lottery, than have one fail.

Thank you for reassurance