Modified Exhaust fitted

lofi

I couldn't stump up the money for PSE and with Carnewal less convenient currently I went a different route.  Brought a second exhaust (better condition than the one currently on my car, which was nice) and had it modified by. Hayward and Scott in Basildon.  Very very happy.

Image-from-i-OS.jpg

IMG-9595.jpg

Video link

Edited by lofi

12 minutes ago, Madlil said:

Sounds amazing. I have the Revolution internal mod which is similar to the Carnewal. Looks like this is an external bypass?

Any chance of you posting a demo of your Revolution mod? I'm weighing up getting this done vs Carnewal.

4 hours ago, lofi said:

I couldn't stump up the money for PSE and with Carnewal less convenient currently I went a different route.  Brought a second exhaust (better condition than the one currently on my car, which was nice) and had it modified by. Hayward and Scott in Basildon.  Very very happy.

Image-from-i-OS.jpg

IMG-9595.jpg

Video link

did you have it done while you waited,  they are literally just down the road to me .....

11 hours ago, Madlil said:

Sounds amazing. I have the Revolution internal mod which is similar to the Carnewal. Looks like this is an external bypass?

Yes, this is external. Can’t be seen once on the car, unless you lie on the ground.

10 hours ago, robporsche said:

did you have it done while you waited,  they are literally just down the road to me .....

I didn’t. I brought a second exhaust and dropped it off with them and picked it up the following week. I then got my good friend Sid at Porsche Torque to fit it for me.

Ian at H&S will do it whilst you wait but says it can take a while depending on how s difficult to remove your existing exhaust is. He’s super helpful so drop him and email if yoU are interested

Edited by lofi

1 hour ago, bandit_287 said:

Bought not brought. 

I brought the exhaust to Hayward Scott. I bought the exhaust second hand from Cridfords. Thanks for the grammar lesson, unnecessary but appreciated.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lofi said:

I brought the exhaust to Hayward Scott. I bought the exhaust second hand from Cridfords. Thanks for the grammar lesson, unnecessary but appreciated.

May I ask how much you paid for this ? 

Is it the bypass mod listed on their website ? https://www.haywardandscott.com/porsche/986-987-boxster/porsche-boxster-987-bypass-mod.html

3 hours ago, Medic-one said:

May I ask how much you paid for this ? 

Is it the bypass mod listed on their website ? https://www.haywardandscott.com/porsche/986-987-boxster/porsche-boxster-987-bypass-mod.html

It is this. Prices on the page.  https://www.haywardandscott.com/porsche-boxster-981-bypass-mod.html

39 minutes ago, lofi said:

Cheers. 

I read quite a few reviews about that mod from people with a 987.1 that were really happy with it, but also read that on the 987.2 DFI engines it doesn't make a big difference. 

I see you have a 981, I assume they are DFI engines as well? 

So you're happy with it, it is a big difference in sound, and no dronning etc? 

I'm only about 15 minutes away from hayward and scott, so tempted to go for this if you say its worth it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Medic-one said:

Cheers. 

I read quite a few reviews about that mod from people with a 987.1 that were really happy with it, but also read that on the 987.2 DFI engines it doesn't make a big difference. 

I see you have a 981, I assume they are DFI engines as well? 

So you're happy with it, it is a big difference in sound, and no dronning etc? 

I'm only about 15 minutes away from hayward and scott, so tempted to go for this if you say its worth it. 

It is not obnoxiously loud.  It is not night and day from standard, but it is louder, raspier at low revs and just the same howl but louder higher up the rev range.  It gurgles nicely on the overrun, which is the biggest change. It it were louder I would want switchable, but this seems just about right to my ears (which are not the best). I did 30 miles on the motorway with the roof down and didn't notice any drone, but to be honest I am not sure what drone is. If you can fit it yourself buy a second hand exhaust, they are about £100. Get it modded and fit.  For about £350 total excluding vat if you don't like it you can sell on and put your original back on.  I'll be keeping it on. 

4 minutes ago, lofi said:

It is not obnoxiously loud.  It is not night and day from standard, but it is louder, raspier at low revs and just the same howl but louder higher up the rev range.  It gurgles nicely on the overrun, which is the biggest change. It it were louder I would want switchable, but this seems just about right to my ears (which are not the best). I did 30 miles on the motorway with the roof down and didn't notice any drone, but to be honest I am not sure what drone is. If you can fit it yourself buy a second hand exhaust, they are about £100. Get it modded and fit.  For about £350 total excluding vat if you don't like it you can sell on and put your original back on.  I'll be keeping it on. 

Cheers for that. Sounds good to me! 

Unfortunately changing a tyre is a far as my skills go for working on a car, but it sounds like it's worth it, so I'll probably just drive over and have them do it. Thanks for the recommendation 👍🏻

12 hours ago, lofi said:

I didn’t. I brought a second exhaust and dropped it off with them and picked it up the following week. I then got my good friend Sid at Porsche Torque to fit it for me.

Ian at H&S will do it whilst you wait but says it can take a while depending on how s difficult to remove your existing exhaust is. He’s super helpful so drop him and email if yoU are interested

yeah i spoke to him a few years back and he mentioned it could take upto 6 hours,   tbh i dont really like leaving the car anywhere.  shame he doesnt offer a carnewal service,  modified exhaust swapped out with the original one and then modifies that and on and on

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, scaramanga said:

Can I just check - has anyone with these exhaust mods (including the Carnewal mod) seen an EML light come up, post the mod ?

There is no reason why you would get a light as the exhaust gas sensor is at the header cat, which is unchanged. I can however confirm from data that I do not have a light.

4 hours ago, scaramanga said:

Ahhh thanks.  Actually I just realised the car I was looking at had the Carnewal 200-cell cat upgrade and had thrown a light, so was wondering. 

Car needs a couple of 90deg lambda extenders.  That will stop the error.

A fair few on here use them.

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2021 at 11:34 PM, Madlil said:

Not sure how to upload a video from iCloud, can anyone help?

Have a post already with a brief clip from mine, but not been able to compare side by side with a Carnewal yet to hear if any difference:

• 2 months later...