Anybody beat 45.6 mpg

the baron

So coming back from london last night on the M4 there is road works with an average speed cameras dotted along the motorway, so I set my cruise control at 50mph and is it was quite late so there was no traffic and for around 40miles I was at a constant 50, my OBD was showing 45.6 mpg after I reset it at the start of the road works, it then dropped to around 41mpg one I went back upto 70mph until I came off the motorway at the Hungerford jct around 60 miles later

Anybody else beat 45.6mpg in their Boxster?

Im getting 26.5 from mine. I have two other cars. One is worse on fuel at 23.5 mpg and the other can average 60mpg if I drive it gently.

Problem is its French, so spends as much time off the road being repaired as it does on the road.

1 hour ago, the baron said:

It did drop to 34.8 when I was on the last 20miles of B roads, but was so impressed with the motorway mpg

Yeah, but did you buy a Boxster to driver at a steady 50 everywhere on a pretty much flat straight road.  

May be a bit of envy as my 3.2 is on 24.4 average at the moment... I have had mid 30s out of it on long 70mph motorway runs though.  It is however more about smiles per gallon rather than miles per gallon.  Just hope you are not getting bored after getting yours to the Moon.

Edited by ½cwt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, the baron said:

Nowhere near that (as yet). 

I did however take advantage of those same roadworks to set my PB for MPG in my previous 4.5 V8 Cayenne, at 28.7.  Usual for that was 15-17 or 22 on a run. 

Not planning on getting London way anytime soon so your record is safe from a challenge from me...

5 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Wrong model, colour, year......

Good God man, poor attempt indeed. 😱

Laying in bed with pulled muscle, dosed with drugs, I think it was a decent attempt TBH

7 hours ago, the baron said:

No.

I did manage to average 13mpg on a run to Beaulieu a few years back whilst following another couple of guys cross country if that counts?

17 minutes ago, rowbos said:

No.

I did manage to average 13mpg on a run to Beaulieu a few years back whilst following another couple of guys cross country if that counts?

So you have thrown the gauntlet down, I accept the challenge good sir.

• Thanks 1

My Boxster has an MPG display as one of the settings on the OBC.

I see it every few months as I am trying to find another setting.

That's about the best I can contribute here :) 

I get a running total of 27, which is way better than my Macan S @ 21.7. For economy i now use the Boxster!!